Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: I want to put Old Man Emu Front suspension on my 2006 xterra  (Read 4928 times)

Gotbyron

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2006 Nissan Xterra
I want to put Old Man Emu Front suspension on my 2006 xterra
« on: November 28, 2021, 10:30:44 AM »
Well i,m sure this has been talked about,  i am having a hard time with it.
I want to put there nitrogen shocks and HD coils in but cant find where to buy them all put together so I can just yank out old stock ones and be able to install OME straight in.  I live in san diego, If there is anybody in my area maybe i could get som help.

Thank You
Byron

G.B.H.

• 4wd Pts: -21
    • 08 xterra se
Re: I want to put Old Man Emu Front suspension on my 2006 xterra
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 11:37:23 AM »
I completely understand the need and desire to DIY but I've found that some things are just easier to have someone else do. In this case a little mom and pop shop with a spring compressor can do it for around the same price as buying yourself a quality spring compressor. If you are like most people a quality spring compressor may be used once or twice in your life. Unless you are a mechanic. Which I'm guessing you are not since you don't have one, it'll be a tool sitting in your pile of rarely used tools. Add to that the danger of compressing springs and it's a win win to have someone else do it. Shop around. I think I got the front swapped about five years ago for a little over $200.
G.B.H.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 11:38:47 AM »
Are you talking about these: https://www.prgproducts.com/product-page/ome-dakar-90003-front-shock

Isaiah 6:8

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 02:04:32 PM »
Are you talking about these: https://www.prgproducts.com/product-page/ome-dakar-90003-front-shock

Ya'll must need new reading glasses, the man wants the OME shocks with the springs installed, ready to go.  the PRG ad states it does not include the springs.

https://nissteclifts-com.3dcartstores.com/Old-Man-Emu-Front-Lift-W-Shocks-05-Frontier-Xterra_p_546.html

Nisstec has the option for $140 they will assemble them for you for the cost of the parts.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:06:06 PM by knightrider »
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 05:42:06 PM »
Ya'll must need new reading glasses, the man wants the OME shocks with the springs installed, ready to go.  the PRG ad states it does not include the springs.

https://nissteclifts-com.3dcartstores.com/Old-Man-Emu-Front-Lift-W-Shocks-05-Frontier-Xterra_p_546.html

Nisstec has the option for $140 they will assemble them for you for the cost of the parts.

Hey I was testing the moderators and their quality control over fake news. At least we all know this site still has some credibility!

lol
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 11:01:34 AM by JFanaselle »
Isaiah 6:8

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 07:33:35 AM »
You can get get all the OME stuff with Steven from Rugged Rocks.  Visit www.doitontherocks.com or www.ruggedrocks.com.  He's an SCCX  club member here and on www.theNewX.org.  He also has a Titan-swapped 2nd gen Xterra.

I have the heavy duty OME front coil springs & complete rear leaf pack & shackles that I bought from him.  To install it, I have a spring compressor & big 18v Makita impact gun w/½" drive that makes it easy to install.  Just buy the the parts, then set up a Mod Day.  Then we can all help with the install at your place or mine. 

I'm in Fontana (Inland Empire) near the 210 & 15 fwy.  I will gladly help & offer up my garage & driveway to install this.  Just send me a pm.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 07:36:56 AM by SuperSlideStyle »
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD