Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Anza Borrego - Inspiration Wash and Borrego Mountain Area - 12-14-12  (Read 4696 times)

FrankB

Here are a few shots from yesterday - think of it as inspiration to get out and explore, since they start out in Inspiration Wash in the northern part of Anza Borrego Desert State Park.

You can just see the trail through the wash winding in an s-curve at the bottom center of the next shot.

Probably coyote tracks.

Heading south towards the Borrego Sink.

Just about to drop down off one of the ridgelines on the west side of Borrego Mountain area. Nice view from up there.

Traveling east in San Felipe Wash.

One lonely cholla. Borrego Mountain in the late afternoon sun.

It was  pretty nice day on Saturday. We started out at the northern end of Inspiration Wash where it intersects S-22, and traveled south toward the dump, then around that and continued south to the edge of the Borrego Sink, turning east towards San Felipe Wash. We detoured up onto the ridgeline trails near the San Gregorio Monument, then back down into the wash and east to Blow Sand Canyon. We went up Blow Sand Canyon, turned onto the Goat Trail and took that up and over to Buttes Pass Road. After a short stop in Hawk Canyon we followed the ridgeline trail along Borrego Mountain Road to the top of the Drop-off, then backtracked to CA-78 to end up the day. It looked like a lot of water might have flowed through some of the washes during flash flood season this year, they looked somewhat different from this past Spring. There was a lot of soft sand in places too.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: Anza Borrego - Inspiration Wash and Borrego Mountain Area - 12-14-12
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:37:42 PM »
Great pics Frank!  Looks like you guys had a great day.  Thanks for sharing the inspiration ;)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
Amazing photos!  I love the last one the best.  Now I have to get back to Borrego area for some exploring.  Thanks for sharing.
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

hunter0389

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 06:31:56 PM »
Beautiful pics. :)
2007 Solar Yellow

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:06:46 PM »
Great pics