Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Navigation info request  (Read 16242 times)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Navigation info request
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2019, 09:21:00 AM »
Update:

I purchased a Samsung Tab A 10" tablet ($180 @ Costco), two 64GB micro SD cards ($24 @ Costco) a RAM cup holder/ball mounted tablet piece thingy ($79 at Fry's Electronics online), and a 5 year subscription to GAIA ($159).
Just bought the 8" yesterday going to work with it today
I'm excited about the GAIA maps even more now
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

x4dblduty

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2006 Off Road Granite
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 10:38:12 AM »
Cool...just did a little day off noodling on GAIA, as I've been playing with that application on my iPhone, and it seems pretty cool and user friendly.

Also, here's a link to a lot more info on GAIA than you might need, but eat what you take and leave the rest:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ask-me-about-gaia-gps.6959/

Then, I just found this cool little video! 

Great for guys like us (he has some gray in his beard, and s-p-e-a-k-s-s-l-o-w-l-y...lol;D

Been using this with my iPad mini, and recently in Sedona, I like it! Simple enough. Just ensure it's synched to your GPS device if not GPS enabled. I have the basic subscription, downloaded maps I needed in the area.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2019, 11:30:27 AM »
Been using this with my iPad mini, and recently in Sedona, I like it! Simple enough. Just ensure it's synched to your GPS device if not GPS enabled. I have the basic subscription, downloaded maps I needed in the area.

Excellent, you are going to enjoy using it!  We certainly do.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.