Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Forum > SCCX General Discussion

Commifornia "May I see your papers please?"

(1/4) > >>

RBduffer:
Commifornia got me again. 

I had to go to a new Smog Check this year, my old one could not afford to stay open.

Since I just replaced my Cats, I made sure that I had my CARB certificates in the glove box.

The guy says everything's OK, Except... My aftermarket intake manifold spacer isn't OEM and therefor wont pass HIS visual inspection.

He had no problem with the Magna Flow Cats by the way.  Didn't even ask for my damn paper work on that.

No, he demands California certification papers, that most aftermarket dealers can't afford to apply for.

Now I'm in the System as 'Tampered Emission Components'

Can I go to another shop to get sighed off?  Or do I start removing a fuel efficient part in order to pass smog?

Thanks for letting me vent my rant.

Adam12SD:
This was my initial fear when researching the IMS. It is absolutely ridiculous that a device that purportedly actually helps with a more efficient engine is red flagged because of money.

RikRong:
It's actually kind of suprising they even noticed.  What color is yours?

Sage Bromax:
So Randy.

I remember a discussion we had about you already owning property in Arizona.  You, too, can be an Arizona resident, with an Arizona ID card (don't need to turn in your CA driver's license), and register your vehicle in Arizona so you get Arizona plates, where they have no smog and charge you less than $100 for three years' vehicle registration.

Just sayin'.

Sage Bromax:
Oh, and there are other (2A) advantages as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page