Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Forum > SCCX General Discussion

In memory: occupantX

<< < (2/3) > >>

FrankB:
I was looking back through my photos from trips out to Anza Borrego to see what I could find with Hennie.  He went out to the desert several times with us.  As I look back through the old galleries I realized that I had way too many pictures of the trucks and way too few pictures of the people.  In the "old days" everybody complained if you didn't have lots of trucks-in-action pictures, no one wanted to see people or scenery.

Then something like this happens and you realize that it's really the people that matter.

Here's Hennie and Ilda in Anza Borrego in April of 2011, at The Slot hiking trail in the Buttes Pass area.

Our route on that trip took us through some rocky areas in Borrego Mountain Wash, and eventually up Blow Sand Canyon and then up and over the Goat Trail (on the State Park side), and ending up in the mildly rocky patch behind the Cactus Garden.  Here we are at the top of the Goat Trail. 

When I first met Hennie he always referred to his truck (or SUV, whatever you want to call it) as a "station wagon".  I'm old enough to know what he meant, but not everyone got it.  It was the day after this trip that he wrote:  "Goat Trail had me worried there for awhile, but I'm really impressed with what this stock station wagon can do!  I might even have to stop calling it 'station wagon'...."

Heather and I will both miss Hennie.

knightrider:
Hennie’s memorial service will be held on Friday, March 30 at 11am. The church is the Escondido United Reformed Church.
Address: 1864 Broadway,
Escondido, CA, 92026
www.Escondidourc.org

knightrider:
I have added the people I am friends with to the FB group for Hennies memorial, if I missed anyone let me know.  Also anyone that I added feel free to add anyone you think of, thanks.

Toro:
     Just found out. I thought about you today. Wanted you to help me build a Biltong rig and have a beer.  I speak of you often. I tell folks that all South Africans are the kindest, funniest, all around greatest people......because of you.
     You've had a profound in pact on me. I hope I'm good enough to see you again.
     Untill then,
     You'll be missed

KickinTires:
I just heard this sad news from FrankB and still can't get a grip on the fact that Hennie is now gone.  I first met Hennie and Ilda on an Anza Borrego run with FrankB and a few folks from San Diego back in April of 2011.  This was my first trip in my completely stock Frontier, I didn't even have plates yet, that's how green I was.  Hennie to me was the definition of the phrase '...give the shirt off of his back...', he was just plain fun to be around and always eager to help.  I enjoyed many a run with both Hennie and Ilda and am saddened by his loss. 

I also have way too few images with people in them and can't seem to locate any with Hennie other than maybe this rather fitting one with Hennie, Ilda, and others of us standing at the edge of the Slot Canyon which now represents the hole left in all of our hearts...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page