Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Brought home Old Yeller  (Read 6047 times)

MotoTech81

• 4wd Pts: 1220
    • 2003 XTerra SE 4X
Brought home Old Yeller
« on: November 27, 2019, 03:19:47 PM »
Hey guys,
New member here based out of Temecula.  I recently picked up a 03 SE that needed a new home. Kids call it the yellow submarine.. Looking forward to some group outings and knowledgeable tech assistance as I can’t ever leave anything alone/stock. Only mods so far are 265/75’s and new output shaft seal. More planned though (of course!). Pretty excited to get my wife and kids out fourwheeling and seeing new areas. Hopefully more exploring and less “wrenching” than my previous 2 Jeeps required..
I do have 2 questions- if the torsion bar bolt head is flush against the torsion key, does that mean no more adjusting until I reindex the bars?
Also, has anyone flat towed a 4X AT Xterra? I know I have to pull the rear driveline which was pretty easy when swapping seal, just wanted to see if something else was needed.  Hoping to tow behind a class C next year. Look forward to meeting some of you guys and getting outdoors!
Thanks, Ben
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:36:13 PM by MotoTech81 »

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
Re: Brought home Old Yeller
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:50:34 AM »
Hey Ben!  Welcome to a really good group of dudes that drive Xterras! 

All that technical stuff will have to be deferred to some of the more knowledgeable dudes on here, but I wanted to swing by and welcome ya!

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 08:10:45 AM »
Welcome! I'm right in your neck of the woods, in Murrieta off of Los Alamos and the 215. I'll keep an eye out for you around town. :)

MotoTech81

• 4wd Pts: 1220
    • 2003 XTerra SE 4X
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 11:33:19 PM »
Thanks guys! You might see it quite a bit as I MTB Greer ranch frequently. Can’t really say I was searching for the color Yellow but I guess it found me! I plasti-dipped the wheels black over the weekend to spice her up a little.  Hoping to get it up in the snow this weekend. See ya around-