Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: NOOB!  (Read 7295 times)

born to go

• 4wd Pts: 1
Re: NOOB!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »
Thanks for all the warm welcome. even if some how i ended up with crabs ha ha. (scratch scratch scratch) I ve already got the mod bug. I'm thinking rock sliders, CB and an awesome rear tire holder bumper. only bad thing is the rear tire bumper seams to be a little to expensive right now. 

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
just focus on what will help you out the most...

this list is just my opinion, so...

-recovery strap....for when the **** hits the fan, this will help someone else pull you out of trouble

-CB to communicate

-recovery points (D rings)....as you'll see, most bumpers have 2 on the front; don't assume a trailer hitch counts....get something you can put a strap through, not tie around

From there, you can look at bigger mods, ie. -sliders, skids, front and rear bumpers, racks, lights, lift, tires, new rack, CAI, new exhaust, new head unit, GPS, heated seats, roof-top-tent..........

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 04:15:13 PM »
Make yourself at home.  Don't listen to any of them.  They're just full of crab!   :-) 
I would suggest an Tsunami MF-1050 air compressor from Pep Boys for @ $60, and a 20k lbs. tow strap.  Then all terrain (AT)tires for traction, then sliders, etc.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 07:06:30 PM »
Agree with superslidestyle...get a good compressor, one with alligator clips to the batter (no 12V plugs), and what some refer to as a "tampon" which is a d-ring mount for your 2" receiver.  This makes a solid rear recovery point.  Stock your X will have a front tow hook.

Also, get a quality tow strap, fire extinguisher, and CB radio and antenna.  That's a good start for a kit...read through the Display Case thread of other's builds as well as the Xcursion Guidelines for more help.

Off to a good start for sure.  :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.