Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: CANVAZ II CAMPERS  (Read 27309 times)

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
Re: CANVAZ II CAMPERS
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 05:40:05 PM »
Hello name is Mark, im from thenewx.org. I will be heading down and arrive very early saturday morning. All I have to do is let them know the hosts name and they will dirrect me to a campsite? will it be $10 or $30?

Hi Mark!!

Welcome to SCCX!!!

What time is 'early'?  We'll be at the meeting spot around 8 and the trailhead at 9, so if you can get there before then, we'll help you find a spot near us, etc.  As far as I know, come 9, most if not all of our group will be gone on one of the trails, so please advise as to what time you anticipate arriving so we can find you a spot accordingly.

Be ready to have a blast!!!

-xxSVxx

(Christiaan)

markye412

• 4wd Pts: 0
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »
Lucky I will be bringing a friend so he can drive most of the way down there so I can get rest. If I get off work at 1130pm friday I will most likely show up at 7am. So if I do show up at 7am where should I meet you guys? I just want to be prepared to met up with you guys if I am crunched on time.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2012, 05:51:07 PM »
well the vons parking lot is the meeting area so that would probably be your best bet, vons has some pretty good cheap breakfast sandwiches at their deli.

8:00am
Vons Shopping Center, Big Bear Lake
42170 Big Bear Blvd
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Lava

• 4wd Pts: 21
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
Hi Mark welcome. A small group of us have already reserved and filled our two spots for the group of 6 rigs.. If you are interested in camping with us, you'll have to register for an account and then reserve a new space in the campground near us if you' d like.
My other vehicle is an X-WING

Justin - KK6JEC

xxSVxx

• 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
Lucky I will be bringing a friend so he can drive most of the way down there so I can get rest. If I get off work at 1130pm friday I will most likely show up at 7am. So if I do show up at 7am where should I meet you guys? I just want to be prepared to met up with you guys if I am crunched on time.

7am should be perfect....breakfast will be done and ready to eat by then ;)

Serrano Campgrounds is where we'll be; site #90/92/93 if I remember correctly; feel free to scroll through the previous responses to this thread to get exact info as far as what site and numbers...

Thanks for checking in!!

-Christiaan

**or you can just meet us at Vons and then set up camp after we hit the trails!**
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:12:50 AM by xxSVxx »

markye412

• 4wd Pts: 0
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 05:55:19 PM »
Sweet I am excited and looking forward to having an awesome day. See you guys soon.

Pro4X-Gremlin

• 4wd Pts: 11
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »
well the vons parking lot is the meeting area so that would probably be your best bet, vons has some pretty good cheap breakfast sandwiches at their deli.

8:00am
Vons Shopping Center, Big Bear Lake
42170 Big Bear Blvd
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315

There's also a Starbucks there (shares lot). We may end up there early. We both work late Friday and we'll make our way up in the wee hours.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
This is all good stuff...welcome Mark...and what everyone else said about the campsites etc.

Thanks for figuring out the tree fall stuff Christiaan...I wasn't sure.

Very much looking forward to this.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Lava

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »
Its getting closer!!  ;D

I just wanted to put out some info as to where the Campers Stand:

These are the people/groups that are included in the reservations at Serrano:

Christiaan                             -xxSVxx-        1rig       1person         1tent
Jason                                  -Deadpilot     1rig       1person         1 te
Justin & Maria                        -Lava-          1rig       3peeps          1tent (Bringing Wood, Gentleman's Jack, 45,000BTU Propane Heater to sleep beside)
Doug & Michelle                     -s14slide-      1rig        5peeps          1 circus tent (Bringining Wood, Booze and Lantern)
Jordan +1                          -knightrider-     1rig       2peeps          sleeping in X (Bringing Wood)
Alex +1                                 -zmey-         1rig       1-2peeps       1tent

Any new members or late joins wanting to camp with the group will have to reserve additional spots at Serrano as we were limited in the number of vehicles and People per campsite and are already paid in full thanks to Lava's Wife.

IF you are on the list above, Please PM me your First Name and Vehicle Color. I will be coordinating this info with Jason (Deadpilot) who was kind enough to drive up to BB early on FRI to check us in at 2pm and pay the extra $30 vehicle fees for the spaces not included in the reservations. Jason will get us checked in and we will all go to him for the vehicle placards we need to hang in the windows of our rigs while in the Campground.

Also, PM me if you plan to bring anything for the good of the group like wood, whiskey, a charcoal BBQ grill, etc. I'll add it to the list above to so we can get an Idea of what we should bring to make our stay more enjoyable.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:19:25 PM by Lava »

Justin - KK6JEC

xxSVxx

• 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2012, 11:17:55 AM »
And just a follow up on the weather...

Bring a jacket....and a knit cap....it's going to be a wee bit chilly at night...

MOAR FIRE!!!

Lava

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »
That is gonna be super cold... Fire and something to keep you warm will be your best freind lol

Jason, I need to get up with you this week if possible. I have some printed reservation forms that you will need to give to the Gate Keeper at the campground. PM me when you get a chance.  8)

Justin - KK6JEC

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »

Jason, I need to get up with you this week if possible. I have some printed reservation forms that you will need to give to the Gate Keeper at the campground. PM me when you get a chance.  8)

Sorry for the delay. I've been swamped at work cause of inspection and some training coming up. And will all that it looks like I am not gonna be able to attend. We have to work yet another weekend and I need to make a run out to camp pendleton for some stuff too. So its a busy week. Im pissed that I cant come. Sorry for any headaches this may cause.

xxSVxx

• 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »
Sorry for the delay. I've been swamped at work cause of inspection and some training coming up. And will all that it looks like I am not gonna be able to attend. We have to work yet another weekend and I need to make a run out to camp pendleton for some stuff too. So its a busy week. Im pissed that I cant come. Sorry for any headaches this may cause.

That's a bummer man but no big deal at all....thanks for checking in!!

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »

I'll pick up your stuff from Pendleton and meet you in big bear. ;-)
Jordan - K6XTE
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2012, 12:41:57 PM »
So whos next in line, lava and I should be arriving around 7 pm
Jordan - K6XTE