Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Xrod's unnamed t-swap  (Read 10883 times)

Xrod

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2007 Nissan Xterra x
Re: Xrod's unnamed t-swap
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 08:23:50 AM »
Finally got my axles put together..(used a whole bag-o-rags!! Lol) puting them in was a piece of cake but like any new experience the first side took about 1.5 hrs and the other took all of 20 mins. Never fails. After all is said and done my dash still looks like a Christmas tree but I'm going to try some reset procedures recommended by ghost... We shall see.
This ain't my first rodeo!

Xrod

• 2007 Nissan Xterra x
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 05:34:37 PM »
Fixed the Christmas tree situation... Thanks ghost! Turned out being my brake fluid was about half an inch below the max fill line. Topped it off and boom done. I made a trip up the bald mountain trail on Saturday ran like a champ looking forward to making some more runs before the end of summer thanks for all the input everyone
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:37:21 PM by Xrod »

Xrod

• 2007 Nissan Xterra x
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 11:03:38 AM »
I made a run to the top of bald mountain yesterday morning to fully test the capabilities of my X... I made one hell of a go at it and could not be more pleased with my results!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:23:59 AM by Xrod »

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 10:19:44 PM »
Looks good.  Now you need tires with some bite and you can go almost anywhere.  Those Titan Swaps have a tendency to give  a false sense of capability, which in my experience lands you in some difficult situations. ::)
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »
Looks good.  Now you need tires with some bite and you can go almost anywhere.  Those Titan Swaps have a tendency to give  a false sense of capability, which in my experience lands you in some difficult situations. ::)

Woody, I think you hit the nail on the head there. Both of us are pretty close with our rock crawling estimations of the slide and the glide as to the where and the with all of the situation concerning the X.
Isaiah 6:8

Xrod

• 2007 Nissan Xterra x
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »
I can go along with that I could use some beefier tires but as this is still my daily driver I'm against totally f-ing up my mpg... As for the "false sense of capability" my rig easily took me everywhere I wanted to go I know my capabilities, so I think I'm just smelling some jelly bellies over here. ;) :D