Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Anza Borrego - Fish Creek, the Wind Caves & Sandstone Canyon - Mar 13, 2011  (Read 26614 times)

justin4x4

• 4wd Pts: 0
Thanks!

I actually don't have an auto-HDR option. I do three exposures and then merge them using software called Photomatix. The way I did the shot with the people is I merged 3 shots in HDR, and the people were blurry. I replaced that spot with a normal exposure shot and erased around it. So essentially the exact area where the people are, are not in HDR.

I have heard about using RAW instead of taking 3 exposures however I still like to do the 3 exposures. Haven't tried RAW HDR yet.

Impact619

• 4wd Pts: 1
  • 2011 Night Armor Pro-4X
Ah, OK, that explains it!  Yeah, I use PhotoMatix as well.  I've used as many as 5 or 7 exposures, depending on the severity of the range I'm trying to bring out.

Good tip about how to include the opeople... wouldn't have thought of that.  So in the other two frames they're not in the photos at all, or you fired the three frames very rapidly so they're only slightly 'out of phase' with each other?

Thanks again!

Xterror

• 4wd Pts: 2
Photomatix is what they mention on those links I posted.  That's what he uses,  he says he usually takes 5-7 shots at different exp, but once in a while he only has time for 1 shot, thats why he always shoots in RAW.  I'm waiting for my Canon 50D to come in today so I can start playing with HDR soon!  :)
Formerly Ed_monster

Impact619

• 4wd Pts: 1
  • 2011 Night Armor Pro-4X
Yep, cool... good luck with the new camera!

justin4x4

• 4wd Pts: 0
Ah, OK, that explains it!  Yeah, I use PhotoMatix as well.  I've used as many as 5 or 7 exposures, depending on the severity of the range I'm trying to bring out.

Good tip about how to include the opeople... wouldn't have thought of that.  So in the other two frames they're not in the photos at all, or you fired the three frames very rapidly so they're only slightly 'out of phase' with each other?

Thanks again!

PhotoMatix seems to be the best solution for HDR! And yes the people are in the other two frames however I only used the people from one of the frames. I erased the edges of the people so the HDR effect would show up.

Not a problem!

fleury123

• 4wd Pts: 3
Haha, Calmini says it will be another 3-4 weeks until my idler arm arrives.  That is what they told me 3-4 weeks ago.  I hope it gets here before May in case Goldfish (Don) is able to put together a Big Bear xcursion.

You don't need to have an upgrade Idler Arms to do Big Bear. Just a brace if you have one. Even then you are good if you don't have to much play in the stock idler. These trucks are tough