Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: FREE Yakima Interior bike rack for 2nd Gen  (Read 3632 times)

drumguru2385

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2007 Nissan Xterra S
FREE Yakima Interior bike rack for 2nd Gen
« on: August 11, 2020, 08:44:41 PM »
Hello, I signed up just to post this.

I unfortunately had to say goodbye to my 2007 Xterra S and I still have the Yakima interior bike rack that mounts to the Intellitrack in the trunk of the Xterra 2nd Gen.

I want to give it away to an Xterra owner that could use it for biking adventures.

Pick up in Irvine, CA. It’s FREE!

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: FREE Yakima Interior bike rack for 2nd Gen
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Super generous of you to offer this to the group. I'm sure someone will snatch it up quickly! I'd love to take it myself. I have a MTB that I never ride, so this might give me an excuse to take it out more often. However, I converted my cargo area with a semi-permanent setup about a year ago, which would be too difficult to remove on a regular basis.

Worst case scenario... if no one jumps on this quickly, we can have one of our other forum members grab it from you and hang on to it until someone else in the group has a need.

trailmix

• 2012 Silver Pro4X
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 12:42:43 PM »
...I unfortunately had to say goodbye to my 2007 Xterra S and I still have the Yakima interior bike rack that mounts to the Intellitrack in the trunk of the Xterra 2nd Gen.

I want to give it away to an Xterra owner that could use it for biking adventures.
Pick up in Irvine, CA. It’s FREE!
Hey there, drumguru2385 ~
Would you be willing to "gift" your bike rack to a former SCCX'er* passing thru town? I can PM ya to dial in a date/time/place to meet.
I have an old Gary Fisher mtn bike (a trusty beater bike) & a restored early 80's Panasonic bike (my shiny pub crawl bike) that would benefit highly from this rack -- rather than just getting tossed in or jerry-rigged upright with a time-proven setup of 3 bungee cords. ;)
Would be a perf match to my yakima snowboard rack/spare yakima parts I have kicking around my garage in Salt Lake. I'm not a Thule or Küat girl...
- - - -
* It's been so long, my account got retired. Just re-registered but I'm not a newbie. 8)
I wheeled with the Xterrer/Snoopy/dhsundance (Dave) crowd back in the mid 00's. Had that 01 Xterra XE for FIFTEEN YEARS, garage-kept for the past couple years and just sold it a few weeks ago to a friend's son! I flew out to Philly PA for a great deal on a 2012 Pro4X in 2017, drove 'er back to SLC and I've got all sorts of goodies lined up to lift it, toss locally-fabricated MaxTerra Sliders & a rear bumper on it ... nearly ready to place my RoXterra in-line roof rack order ... Got 33" BFG AT-KO's on 'er and it's gonna be nice to get the lift installed to complete the clearance for the tires. Great to see the SCCX still rocking and rolling!

drumguru2385

• 2007 Nissan Xterra S
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 04:01:39 PM »
Hi trailmix!

Yeah of course! I still have it in the garage and would love to gift it to a fellow 2nd Gen Xterra owner! PM me and we'll meet up for the drop off!