Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What have you done for your Rig lately.  (Read 489064 times)

FixItGuy

• 4wd Pts: 7
  • "Always know WHY you do what you do."
    • '09 Xterra
Re: What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Reply #870 on: October 06, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »
Installed trunk LEDs and "melt mod".

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Solution:  get an eye patch and a parrot, and welcome to the party!!!

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #871 on: October 06, 2015, 08:46:10 PM »
Installed trunk LEDs and "melt mod".

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Dude!  The red light and rope lights looks like a place I visited in Amsterdam ::)
Twice.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #872 on: October 15, 2015, 03:16:10 PM »
Getting ready for the Death Valley trip... Acquired a new ARB 50 quart fridge/freezer (my anniversary gift from my amazing wife!), and installed an Odyssey Extreme battery.

I'm already running a dual battery setup with a small Optima Yellow Top as my aux battery, and the fridge will be wired to that. I installed the Odyssey because I killed my 5 month old Interstate primary battery and don't want to do it again. Now that I have a little commuter car, the Xterra sits in the garage for days at a time without being driven and the dash cam killed the battery (didn't even think it would do that with such a low draw). When I tried to start it, it only had 2 volts in it.  :o

That was a few weeks ago and since then, it's never been the same. If the truck sits for 2 or 3 days, the battery voltage drops a little too much and it turns over very slowly. Plus, with the winch installed now, I probably would have killed my primary battery the first time I needed to make a long and tough pull. This should fix that problem. :D For those who've been shopping around for this battery, I found it for about $240 at 4 Wheel Parts. They had 4 of them in stock at the warehouse and it was in the store the next morning with no shipping charge. This is cheaper than all of the options I could find online (most were about $270 and some charged shipping).

In regards to the fridge - I stole a nifty little mounting idea from a post on TNX. It involves using the ARB mounting kit and attaching the brackets to the existing seat brackets on the 40" side of the rear seat. Hard to explain, but I'll post up some photos as soon as I get the tie down straps in place. They're currently at a shop being extended by a couple feet to accommodate the setup.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/DSC_1134.jpg
What have you done for your Rig lately.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/DSC_1135.jpg
What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:25:02 PM by JFanaselle »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #873 on: October 15, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
Congrats Joe...you will love the ARB.

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

chrishaynesusa

• thenewx
  • 4wd Pts: -35
« Reply #874 on: October 15, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »
Get the transit bag :)
acts as another insulation layer.
prevents scuffs and dings

just sayin.....

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #875 on: October 15, 2015, 09:00:37 PM »
Went to Firestone for the lifetime alignment deal.  Needed it after CANVAZ!!  And only 9000 miles on it.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #876 on: October 26, 2015, 05:44:14 AM »
Installed a full set of Shrockworks skids - radiator to gas tank.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #877 on: October 26, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »
Well done Tony.  How is your on board air comming?  I should be in stalling mine this week.
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #878 on: October 26, 2015, 10:44:43 AM »
Well done Tony.  How is your on board air comming?  I should be in stalling mine this week.

What kind of OBA you getting installed?
Isaiah 6:8

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #879 on: October 26, 2015, 06:56:34 PM »
The OBA is on my list to try to get done before the DV trip, but other things first.  Today I installed an ARB rear diff cover and modified the factory trailer wiring plug to fit my Bucksnort bumper.

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #880 on: October 26, 2015, 09:04:37 PM »
What kind of OBA you getting installed?

Well, being the cheap guy that I am, I fixed my MF50 Tsunami and bought another one ($50) to make my own twin compressor.  I found a 5-Liter aluminum tank on Ebay ($40) and bought the pressure switch/manifold/air release unit, and fittings to plumb it together.  I don't seem to have as much room as you do under my winch, so I will be mounting everything separately.  I will try to take some pics as it's coming together this week.
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #881 on: October 27, 2015, 12:27:12 AM »
Well, being the cheap guy that I am, I fixed my MF50 Tsunami and bought another one ($50) to make my own twin compressor.  I found a 5-Liter aluminum tank on Ebay ($40) and bought the pressure switch/manifold/air release unit, and fittings to plumb it together.  I don't seem to have as much room as you do under my winch, so I will be mounting everything separately.  I will try to take some pics as it's coming together this week.

You need any help with the install, I could more than likely give you a hand on Wednesday?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:09:59 AM by GeoYota »
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #882 on: October 27, 2015, 04:14:06 AM »

You need any help with the install, I could more than likely give you a hand on Wednesday?

Not a huge deal...buuuut....

When folks are quoting a post, make sure you type outside the actual forum code when you hit the QUOTE button on the post, or the post doesn't render correctly and looks like this:

Not a huge deal...buuuut....

When folks are quoting a post, make sure you type outside the actual forum code when you hit the QUOTE button on the post, or the post doesn't render correctly and looks like this:

Just take a moment to make sure your text is outside the last one of these code markings /quote that is inside the brackets [  ], or else your response ends up inside the quote and lost in translation per say.

:)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

chrishaynesusa

• thenewx
  • 4wd Pts: -35
« Reply #883 on: October 27, 2015, 09:16:50 AM »

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #884 on: October 27, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »
Thanks Erik, I hope to have it done today,

If not... oops wrong box.

I'll hit you up tomorrow.

Hey Yota, No good deed goes unpunished >:D
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO