Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Forum > SCCX Xcursions

Potential Father's day outing.

(1/3) > >>

EJsarus:
Howdy fellas/gals,
I'm looking for recommendations on camping spots in public land. I haven't gone out since last year's AA mountain rendezvous. I need to get out of society!! Father's day is pretty close by and want to see if I can make it happen. If anything, we can make it into a group thing if you guys are up for it.

Mainly looking into an overnight stay that trails isnt too harsh as my son isnt trail ready (weak stomach).

Celt:
I would stick with Big Bear, camp at a nice Yellow Post and have a family fire or head down into the crab flatts area. I don't know about any fire restrictions but that's easy enough to find out about.

CAWoody:
If you can get an early start, there is a small camp ground in Holcomb Valley that is easy to get to and has good tree coverage.  You have to get there before 2:00 on Friday to get a spot since it's first come first serve.

EJsarus:

--- Quote from: CAWoody on June 16, 2020, 09:24:45 AM ---If you can get an early start, there is a small camp ground in Holcomb Valley that is easy to get to and has good tree coverage.  You have to get there before 2:00 on Friday to get a spot since it's first come first serve.

--- End quote ---

by any chance do you have coordinates? i know its abit late asking for them but its worth a try

JFanaselle:
Sorry I wasn't available to get out there with you this past weekend. How was it? Were the sites/trails crowded?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page