Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Forum > SCCX Xcursions

Anza Borrego - Buttes Pass area - Sat March 7th

(1/3) > >>

FrankB:
Is anyone interested in joining me for a trip to Anza Borrego on Saturday March 7th?

I want to explore the area around Buttes Pass Road, north of SR-78. There is a hiking trail, about 1.5 miles round trip, to a narrow slot canyon. I have not been there yet, but have heard it is quite scenic. The trailhead is 1.8 miles from SR-78.  The other spot I would like to check out is Hawk Canyon, which is nearby, further down Buttes Pass. 

There will likely be little real off-roading here, Buttes Pass Road is in pretty good shape, probably 2WD is fine. Distances will be short. This is more of a photo and exploration trip.  I have posted it on the San Diego DSLR site as well. If any of them come out they don't move very fast, since they're too busy taking photos.

According to the Visitor Center staff there should be good flowers at Hawk Canyon. The weekend of the 7th may well be close to the height of the flower bloom, so there should be lots to see and photograph. I was out there this past Saturday and the flowers were pretty good, but next weekend should be better. Time permitting we could also check some of the more heavily visited flower spots, but I'm thinking of avoiding crowds.

I'll come up with a meet spot and time once I see what sort of interest there is.

fleury123:
How much hiking is involved? I have a torn ligament but have been dying to see some of this stuff out there. I am trying to catch up with Mitch in Surgeries

sturndog:
Diana and I would be interested in a one day -is there going to be any rain Saturday?  Of course I will fill up at a different gas station this time. BTW Frank at least if is a day trip I wont be shining my flashlight in your truck when you are changing your clothes - although Diana says you are "cute" -  :-\ ???

AV Xterra:

--- Quote from: sturndog on March 02, 2009, 07:20:38 PM ---Diana and I would be interested in a one day -is there going to be any rain Saturday?  Of course I will fill up at a different gas station this time. BTW Frank at least if is a day trip I wont be shining my flashlight in your truck when you are changing your clothes - although Diana says you are "cute" -  :-\ ???

--- End quote ---
Post pics or it never happened.

Soylent Yellow:

--- Quote from: sturndog on March 02, 2009, 07:20:38 PM ---Diana and I would be interested in a one day -is there going to be any rain Saturday?  Of course I will fill up at a different gas station this time. BTW Frank at least if is a day trip I wont be shining my flashlight in your truck when you are changing your clothes - although Diana says you are "cute" -  :-\ ???

--- End quote ---

What happens in the desert stays in the desert!  It stays in the desert John!  IN THE DESERT!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page