Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What have you done for your Rig lately.  (Read 488846 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Reply #1185 on: May 26, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »
Just ordered a Goal Zero Yeti 400 from REI.  They are having a 20% off sale for members, free shipping or store pickup, plus I had a dividend from last year's purchases.  Total cost - just under $360

https://www.rei.com/product/862518/goal-zero-yeti-400-solar-generator

No more worrying about the Engel running out of juice or killing my main battery.

This I like. Very cool Tony.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #1186 on: June 06, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »
I did a couple of things for my X. My friend and I tackled the timing chain tensioners job in my 06 with 160K on it. Went pretty well and everything runs great afterwords and I had no extra parts left over! Took us 16 hours total, but there was a lot of extra conversations in there. The job was a little out of my pay grade so my friend was a great help. While I was at it I also did the water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, cam position sensor, belt tensioner pulley, radiator hoses and new serpentine belt.

I am still wondering why they have to use a different type of clip on every electrical connector. Auto makers must have a large department in the engineering centers just to make sure no 2 connectors and release methods are the same.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #1187 on: June 06, 2016, 02:51:34 PM »
Auto makers must have a large department in the engineering centers just to make sure no 2 connectors and release methods are the same.

Truth!  :D

RattFink27

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2007 Xterra S
« Reply #1188 on: June 06, 2016, 08:04:19 PM »
After 2 months of waiting, my rocksliders finally showed up.  Conveniently on my day off too!  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:07:31 PM by RattFink27 »

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #1189 on: June 06, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »
After 2 months of waiting, my rocksliders finally showed up.  Conveniently on my day off too!  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Very nice.  It's time to test them out.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

RattFink27

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2007 Xterra S
« Reply #1190 on: June 06, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »
Very nice.  It's time to test them out.

Definitely gotta try them out soon. Skid plates should be on by this weekend.

Riz98

• 4wd Pts: 8
  • PBR ASAP
    • 2002 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #1191 on: June 07, 2016, 03:21:52 AM »
This last weekend I did some general maintenance.  Oil Change, cleaned the K&N filter, cleaned the mass air flow sensor, and rotated the tires.  Just under 10,000 miles on the General Grabber AT2's and they still look new.  A great tire if anyone is shopping around for an all terrain.  Very similar to the BFG AT but about $50 cheaper.

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #1192 on: June 07, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »
Hi

You might remember me from 'hey, that's that dude who's shock exploded on TMR' and 'hey, are you the guy who had to limp to Baker with a brick as your suspension?'

Yep.

Anyway, what have I done for my truck lately:

Well, my work neighbor, in the office next door, has an 06 Fronty.  2wd, but has the PRG lift kit, knows his way around his rig, etc.

We got to talking Fri afternoon after work, and he tells me that he happens to have 2in spacers sitting on stock shocks in his garage, and that I'm welcome to borrow them until I get my 2.5's.

Welp, I had to take him up on his offer, since a) my tires have been getting wayy to rubby with the fenders, and I don't want to kill those beauties too soon, and b) I'll be able to move past the 'I drive a Nissan Camaro' phase of ownership.

So, he calls Sat night and invites me over Sunday morning to make the swap.

While we're wrenching, he mentions about a dozen things he recently did to his truck, and how he wants to take it on a trail to see if it's worthy, etc.

Soooo...who am I to decline the offer to get dirty after the guy lent me his stuff?

Anyway, we did about 75% of North Main Divide trail off of Ortega Hwy, almost made it to the radio towers before turning around.

That trail is no joke; the first 50yds we encountered a spot where he had to max skinny pedal it over these ruts that swallowed his rig, and I had to drop it into 4Lo just to make it out w/out getting a running start (wasn't comfortable doing that since the cliff off the trail was in play)

Anyway, she's back to sitting right around where she was with the bilsteins; Garret, I promise, once I get those Rads, I'll wash your stock coils up good and get them back to you.

****One question I have for those 'in the know' regarding my dumb rims; well, I think one of the studs might be stripped.  I couldn't get it to grip like the other 5 could on the driver side tire, so I'm currently lug-less on one stud.

Question is - is that an issue that needs to be looked at soon-ish? 

Anyway, some pix of how she's sitting now, and the views from the trail on Sunday around noon

-Christiaan
aka xxSVxx

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #1193 on: June 07, 2016, 03:20:20 PM »
Looking good Christiaan. While I can't offer any input on your stud issue, I do want to say I love those wheeling photos, and your rig looks as good as ever. :) I'm surprised to see it's still so green up there... that will probably only last a few more weeks with this heat.  :(

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #1194 on: June 07, 2016, 05:55:39 PM »
Christiaan,

While you can get by with 5 lugs.   I would suggest that you get the stripped lug replaced when you can.    I had the same issue and drove for a couple of months with it.  No problem  BUT!!!
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #1195 on: June 07, 2016, 06:15:22 PM »
If memory serves me correctly Jayrat just replaced one of his after the same thing happened.
Isaiah 6:8

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #1196 on: June 07, 2016, 11:26:48 PM »
is it just me or does it look like you have 4 out of 6?
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #1197 on: June 08, 2016, 05:43:38 AM »
Stealth lug nuts?
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #1198 on: June 08, 2016, 09:19:52 AM »

I'll have to go look, but I should only be missing one

valentin36

• 4wd Pts: 7
    • 2012 Nissan Xterra S
« Reply #1199 on: June 08, 2016, 02:56:18 PM »
I have a few extra studs. Ebay messed up my order and gave me some additional studs. If i end up driving north to pick up my sliders from whiteknuckle i can drop them off.