Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What have you done for your Rig lately.  (Read 488852 times)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Reply #1110 on: April 18, 2016, 11:38:08 PM »
It's been a busy couple of months for me and mods, but I have neglected to update anyting on here.

In February, I swapped out my Radflo 2.0s for Radflo 2.5s, and the 2.0s found a great new home. Didn't get any photos of the install, but here's a comparison of the 2.0s and 2.5s side by side (mixed together, but you can tell which ones are which):

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/DSC_2759.jpg
What have you done for your Rig lately.

Then in March, I purchased a new Hefty Fab rear bumper from a member on the site. This is the brand new Heft Fab design with a different swing arm and mount. This was while I was in the process of moving, so the bumper went straight into the storage unit for a few weeks until I had a chance to install it (thanks Duffman for the mod day!).

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/_20160410_112257.jpg

Then last week, I picked up a set of 6-spoke wheels from craigslist. These are the painted ones, not the machined ones, so they'll still be subject to scratching off road, but I think they look nicer than the 5 spoke "S" wheels. The guy pulled them off his Pathfinder a few years ago and had them sitting in his garage ever since. He gave me a great price, and they had nice goodyear forza all season road tires on them with about 30% tread life left. Then I found a little tire shop in Temecula that swapped my duratracs from my original wheels over to these ones, and took the used all season goodyear tires as payment for the work. Good stuff.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/DSC_3079.jpg

New wheels all mounted up:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/DSC_3090.jpg

I also spent last weekend doing a bunch of little stuff to prep for TMR. Moved my CB antenna to the new rear bumper. Relocated my CB from the top of my dash to inside the center console. Installed a new XM radio. Replaced a busted air line in my OBA setup. Calibrated my Staun deflators (got them for Christmas, better late than never!). And installed a new tablet mount.

I think I'm all ready! :) Now maybe one day I'll update my build thread.  :P Oh, and I also need to do something about that UGLY spare on the back. Keeping my eyes open for a deal on a cheap used 32" or 33" with an aggressive tread that I can throw onto one of my 5 spoke wheels and mount up. That'll look much nicer.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:43:39 PM by JFanaselle »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #1111 on: April 19, 2016, 12:18:18 AM »
PS - how come he wasn't watching that AWESOME end to the Kings game?!?

Funny thing happened on the way to the garage...

But then...KINGS WIN!!!

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #1112 on: April 19, 2016, 12:21:06 AM »
On a serious note...Jeebus Joe, you're rig is looking great!!

Totally TMR READY!

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #1113 on: April 19, 2016, 10:00:37 AM »
Take 2...  8)

I still can't believe the luck of finding the radiator bracket issue just before TMR. That would have been a certain bad situation out in the desert.

PS - how come he wasn't watching that AWESOME end to the Kings game?!?

Joe...trust that I was aching to watch it, but I also wanted to get that electrical mess handled before TMR....I had Bleacher Report open on my phone, so I refreshed every 3 or so minutes...we watched the first period, so we saw all the scoring!!

And about that radiator...ugh man....thank GOD we found that at Duffs Landing....what a mess that would have been to find out in the middle of nowhere!!!

Riz98

• 4wd Pts: 8
  • PBR ASAP
    • 2002 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #1114 on: April 19, 2016, 09:22:24 PM »
Oil change with Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage and a Fram Ultra synthetic filter.  Also installed some window visors.  Gotta keep the windows open at all costs not having A/C.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #1115 on: April 20, 2016, 12:18:02 AM »
Oil change with Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage and a Fram Ultra synthetic filter.  Also installed some window visors.  Gotta keep the windows open at all costs not having A/C.

No A/C in Southern Ca...? Ouch, that brings me back to my childhood using 2/55.
Isaiah 6:8

fourxfunk

• 4wd Pts: 14
« Reply #1116 on: April 20, 2016, 07:56:20 AM »
Do you have any issues opening-closing the windows with the visors? I've thought about grabbing some myself.

Spectre

• 4wd Pts: 4
    • 2007 Xterra
« Reply #1117 on: April 24, 2016, 08:47:03 PM »
I just installed some window visors today.. However I did the outside channel stick on kind.    Also had the Xterra washed. =)
W6VIC
2007 Stock "for now" Xterra
If you can't stand the heat, then stay out of my crease.

FrankB

« Reply #1118 on: April 24, 2016, 10:55:02 PM »
Do you have any issues opening-closing the windows with the visors? I've thought about grabbing some myself.

WeatherTech In-Channel Vent Shades work very well.  The ones on my first Xterra held up to 9 years of abuse, including some pretty good whack from trees and brush.  The new ones on the new Xterra are just as good. I've also had a set on our Hyundai Santa Fe for over 4 years. Great product.  They don't impede the opening or closing of the window. 

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #1119 on: April 25, 2016, 08:34:13 AM »
My Girlfriend got me a winch for my B-Day
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #1120 on: April 25, 2016, 09:00:07 AM »
Nice..................................

When we gonna mount it up? Even more important when are we gonna give you the opportunity to use it??
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #1121 on: April 25, 2016, 12:51:07 PM »
My Girlfriend got me a winch for my B-Day

Sah-weet!
KD6DCI

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #1122 on: April 25, 2016, 05:39:43 PM »
I thought your B-day was 2 weeks ago? 

Now Nilda wants another present.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Riz98

• 4wd Pts: 8
  • PBR ASAP
    • 2002 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #1123 on: April 25, 2016, 10:19:39 PM »
No A/C in Southern Ca...? Ouch, that brings me back to my childhood using 2/55.

I live right off the water so I get the cooler temperatures unlike people living inland.  A/C or engine driven York Compressor for on-board-air....York for the win.

I got the visors with the 3m tape.  I had a pair on my last Frontier that held up for years.  Brush, hot summers and cold winters and I never had an issue with them.  Some people have issues with the "in channel visors" scratching their glass from the extra pressure. 

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #1124 on: April 26, 2016, 11:05:30 AM »
CA penalty mod...

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI