Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What have you done for your Rig lately.  (Read 489010 times)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Reply #750 on: July 29, 2015, 08:20:34 PM »
So far I haven't been able to really gauge the difference in steering. It definately different, but I can't decide if I like it. I haven't gotten the truck aligned yet and I've needed to get the tires balanced for a while now. I got the tires done today and it's already riding much smoother, but I still need to get the alignment done.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #751 on: July 29, 2015, 08:24:57 PM »
So far I haven't been able to really gauge the difference in steering. It definitely different, but I can't decide if I like it. I haven't gotten the truck aligned yet and I've needed to get the tires balanced for a while now. I got the tires done today and it's already riding much smoother, but I still need to get the alignment done.
Hey Joe, I had my steering done on Monday at Firestone it made a difference especially on tight turns (uturns)
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #752 on: July 30, 2015, 02:51:04 AM »
Man..... I'm so jealous!! Both Rick and Joe have their hood blackouts on already!  And they look awesome! ;)

Joe - if you go to Firestone; for $200 you can get a lifetime alignment - you can have it aligned as many times as you want, no limits.  Which for us has already paid for itself...

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #753 on: July 30, 2015, 06:37:07 AM »
Yeah I already have a lifetime alignment service through a local Goodyear tire shop out here in Hemet. The Firestone shop in Murrieta where I live is not the best (or so I've been told by a few different people that didn't have a great experience there). Anyway, I've only owned my Xterra for about 16 months and I've probably had it aligned there 5 or 6 times already (everytime I install new suspension components or do some serious wheeling). I just haven't had the time to get over there yet since we were working on our suspensions all day Saturday, they closed before I could get over there on Sunday, and I've been working all week. I got off work early yesterday and planned to head over there, but I got "distracted" by a huge thunderstorm in east Hemet and ended up spending my afternoon storm chasing and shooting news video instead. By the time I was done, there was so much mud under my rig, it would have been wrong to expect some poor worker over at the shop to get under there and tweak on it. :)

I'll make my way over there this weekend. The alignment really isn't that far off right now, which is why I haven't been in a hurry to get over there and do it. The balancing of the tires made a huge difference - I was already getting a pretty bad shake before we installed everything on Saturday and the shake just moved to the rear of the car when I rotated the tires, so I'm happy to have that gone now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:38:57 AM by JFanaselle »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #754 on: July 30, 2015, 10:29:30 AM »

Joe - if you go to Firestone; for $200 you can get a lifetime alignment - you can have it aligned as many times as you want, no limits.  Which for us has already paid for itself...

This used to be true...but Firestone seems to be waffling on the "lifetime" offer to "lifted off-road" vehicles, so be careful how you "posture" your discussion.  

I was denied the lifetime offer based upon my "lifted" Tacoma.  

Maybe it was just a "Toyota" thing, but the Firestone manager here in Oceanside wasn't budging.

Joe...your Xterra looks great, and I especially like the hood black out.  Very cool.  :)

Finished a few AC upgrades to the Yota, as well as the HID upgrade for the headlights.  Check the build thread...photos and text over there.

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/2003%20Tacoma%204x4%20DC/tacoma%20HID%20one.jpeg
What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:33:56 AM by GeoYota »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #755 on: July 30, 2015, 11:48:34 AM »
Here's my Firestone experience.  YMMV, of course.

When the SCCX Mechanical Calvary, Southern Division, helped me install my lift, it was made very clear that I needed an alignment after.
So, when I got back to my neck of the woods I went to the Firestone.  It happened to be Labor Day weekend and they were running a special.  I paid the equivalent of two alignments for LIFETIME alignments!

Now, I get an alignment  after almost every time my truck hits dirt.  Is that excessive and overkill?  Probably. 

I also bought their lifetime rotation and balance service for $75 a few months later.   
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2015, 11:35:35 PM »
This used to be true...but Firestone seems to be waffling on the "lifetime" offer to "lifted off-road" vehicles, so be careful how you "posture" your discussion.  

I was denied the lifetime offer based upon my "lifted" Tacoma.  

Maybe it was just a "Toyota" thing, but the Firestone manager here in Oceanside wasn't budging.

That's crazy!  We bought it when we got the lift and needed an adjustment. They used the fact that we offroad as a selling point for the lifetime alignment. Took it to a different (closer) Firestone when we switched out the shocks.  No hassle, no questions, just fast service......

Sounds like you're getting the shaft from that Oceanside manager.....  :'( :'(

Got multiple things done to the Mule this weekend!  Hood blackout done, wiring of lights in process, and corner lights in  ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:40:17 PM by PainRoller »

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re:
« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2015, 12:27:43 AM »
I also have the Firestone lifetime alignments, local place to me does crappy alignments but doesn't hassle me about going off road.  I just have to be vigilant to make sure they do it right, or make it right when they don't.

Sent from my victara using Tapatalk
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #758 on: August 03, 2015, 04:37:04 AM »
That's crazy!  We bought it when we got the lift and needed an adjustment. They used the fact that we offroad as a selling point for the lifetime alignment. Took it to a different (closer) Firestone when we switched out the shocks.  No hassle, no questions, just fast service......

Sounds like you're getting the shaft from that Oceanside manager.....  :'( :'(

Got multiple things done to the Mule this weekend!  Hood blackout done, wiring of lights in process, and corner lights in  ;D

Interesting...may have to visit a different shop.  Thanks for the info. Barb & Jordan.  :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #759 on: August 10, 2015, 11:36:03 PM »
Added LEDs under the Hood  ;D

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #760 on: August 11, 2015, 02:51:21 AM »
Nice!

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re:
« Reply #761 on: August 11, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
I also have the Firestone lifetime alignments, local place to me does crappy alignments but doesn't hassle me about going off road.  I just have to be vigilant to make sure they do it right, or make it right when they don't.

Sent from my victara using Tapatalk

I don't pay anyone to fowl up a job that I can fowl up myself, for cheaper and in less time.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #762 on: August 17, 2015, 10:55:11 PM »
This happened...finally.

Sent from Planet Claire using soup cans and string.
KD6DCI

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #763 on: August 17, 2015, 11:06:36 PM »
Uuugghhhhhh, I see that photo appears to be in front of the O-Side DMV. I'm surprised you do not have cobwebs and a 2" layer of dust on the Taco as fast as things move there....
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #764 on: August 18, 2015, 04:20:45 AM »
Uuugghhhhhh, I see that photo appears to be in front of the O-Side DMV. I'm surprised you do not have cobwebs and a 2" layer of dust on the Taco as fast as things move there....

In and out in 60 minutes...not bad for the good ole DMV!  :)
KD6DCI