Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: San Diego Xterra fan  (Read 4039 times)

nov316

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2000 Xterra XE
San Diego Xterra fan
« on: February 24, 2016, 09:23:55 AM »
Hola Im Nov, pronounce Nove.

I own an 2000 Xterra XE. All basic but I want to start modifying her. In yalls opinion who is the best mechanic in San Diego that works on Nissans or Xterras?

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: San Diego Xterra fan
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:38:39 AM »
There are ton of members here from the San Diego area.  In my opinion, they're the best mechanics. ;)  If you combined everyone's experience with Xterras on here, I'd put that combined total into the hundreds of years. 
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
Hi Nov, welcome from Murrieta! I agree with RikRong - your best bet is to attend some social gatherings in the San Diego area and get to know some local members. There aren't really any shops in the area that specialize in Xterras or offroading Nissans for that matter. You can catch some luck getting work done at shops like Off Road Warehouse or 4 Wheel Parts, but they're more for the jeep and full-size truck crowd. The truth is that Xterras are a very niche market with limited parts and modifications to be had. The people who can give you the best advice about these options can be found right here on this forum. :)

We have a meet and greet once a month (on the 3rd Thursday of the month) that takes place in the Mira Mesa or Poway area. Most recently, we've been meeting at In N Out in Poway. You can follow this thread for info on next month's meet up as it gets closer: http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=2699.240

We also usually have a mod day once every couple of months somewhere in the area, which is another great place to meet people and get a good feel for what to expect when working on Xterras. Even if you're not the type of person who could see yourself working on your own vehicle, you'd be surprised how simple it can be, and with the guidance of some of the people on this forum, anything is possible. :)

nworker

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 04:29:20 PM »
Nov,

Welcome from Pacific Palisades. This is the nicest place and wow there are some really nice rigs! Quite inspirational.

beedee

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 05:22:43 PM »
Welcome Nov! I am from Long Beach so I can't help you out with the mechanics in SD question.

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 08:13:55 AM »
Welcome - Joe and Rick are spot on.  Hit up a MOD day.  ;)