Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hello from Laguna | Josh is the name  (Read 4943 times)

SurferX

• 4wd Pts: 2
Hello from Laguna | Josh is the name
« on: April 03, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »
Hey Everybody,

Hope you guys are having a good week, my name is Josh and looking forward to meeting you all.

I got started over at thenewx and was referred here by a few members.

I love my Xterra & mainly use it to surf... Since its a 2wd, no offroading for me (Hopefully, eventually, upgrade to a 4x4 pending promotion!)

Here's a pic of my truck

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u566/SurferXterra/ScreenShot2013-04-03at113633AM_zpsed578a09.png
Hello from Laguna | Josh is the name

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: Hello from Laguna | Josh is the name
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »
Welcome Josh!
Nice looking rig.  Sometimes we do 2WD trails or you can just let the group know where you're going, and see who's interested.  It's very informal here, but one way or another we like to see dirty Xterras having fun.  Browse the site, you'll get the idea :)
See ya on the trail
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Odinson

• 4wd Pts: 6
  • 2009 Xterra 4x4
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:07:57 PM »
Welcome! Great looking truck. Are those rims actually lockers?
- "Let us live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." - Mark Twain

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:17:47 PM »
Hey!!

Welcome from San Clemente neighbor!!!  Nice rig!!!  As was said earlier, we do trips that can be 2wd friendly too...

Check out the build pages.....peek at the Xcursion threads and hope to see you out on the trails soon!!

-Christiaan

SurferX

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:37:55 PM »
Hey!!

Welcome from San Clemente neighbor!!!  Nice rig!!!  As was said earlier, we do trips that can be 2wd friendly too...

Check out the build pages.....peek at the Xcursion threads and hope to see you out on the trails soon!!

-Christiaan

Sounds great! I will def. keep my eyes out for some 2wd friendly trips. I am really interested in the ones with the camp out.

Im also in Clemente all the time, surfing Tstreet & Trestles and eventually moving down there when i get married.

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:12:29 PM »
Welcome! Great looking truck. Are those rims actually lockers?

Yeah, great looking truck Josh!  And really nice wheels.  I don't think they are beadlocks (which I think Joey meant to say).  What brand wheels are those and size?  17s?  They make your truck look lowered somewhat. 

I bet you get a lot of stares when you go down the road when you have your surfboards on top.  8)

SurferX

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 10:14:06 PM »
Yeah, great looking truck Josh!  And really nice wheels.  I don't think they are beadlocks (which I think Joey meant to say).  What brand wheels are those and size?  17s?  They make your truck look lowered somewhat. 

I bet you get a lot of stares when you go down the road when you have your surfboards on top.  8)

Trucks in the shop right now.. I get it back tomorrow or friday and I will check on the wheels and let you know.

The lowered part might be the angle of the street.

Also, what trip in specific should I keep my eyes out on for 2WD friendly?

On another side note, GF/Future Wife approved my decision to pursue a 4WD monster... heheheh :)

Best part is on my truck I got a magna flow, and the GF loves it... I told her I was going to ditch it and she said "NO!" - Thats my kinda girl  ;D

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:00:33 AM »

On another side note, GF/Future Wife approved my decision to pursue a 4WD monster... heheheh :)

Best part is on my truck I got a magna flow, and the GF loves it... I told her I was going to ditch it and she said "NO!" - Thats my kinda girl  ;D

WIFE HER. NOW.

SurferX

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »
Welcome to the site...with "minor" modifications a 4WD Xterra makes an excellent camping platform.

Hopefully you can make the transition to 4WD and open up some opportunities to get out with some larger groups here.  I listed in another post the 2WD trails/opportunities with SCCX.

See you soon!  :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.