Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 2wd to 4wd conversion  (Read 2934 times)

Ampaez36

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2002 Xterra SE Supercharged
2wd to 4wd conversion
« on: January 24, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
Hey guys, I have a 2002 SE supercharged but it's only 2wd. I'm looking to convert it because I'm unable to sell it and buy a 4x4. So I was wondering if you guys know anyone that could possibly help me out in the conversion. Help me know what I need, help me put it together. I think I know what I need from looking at other forums but I still need to find a way to get the parts then put it onto my x. Thanks guys

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: 2wd to 4wd conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:50:59 AM »
Hey guys, I have a 2002 SE supercharged but it's only 2wd. I'm looking to convert it because I'm unable to sell it and buy a 4x4. So I was wondering if you guys know anyone that could possibly help me out in the conversion. Help me know what I need, help me put it together. I think I know what I need from looking at other forums but I still need to find a way to get the parts then put it onto my x. Thanks guys

I would start by reaching out to Steven Lutz @ Rugged Rocks, he is THE Nissan off road guru.

Next, reach out to Tom via PM on this forum (his profile name is Green Goon, just search under Members)...he has a sweet SAS'ed Gen 1 Xterra.

Good luck, and take lots of pictures!  Nothing increases "forum cred" like properly taken and recorded build thread photos with words like "coilover", "three link" , and "SAS."

:D :D :D
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Ruination Fan

• 4wd Pts: 12
    • 2004 Nissan Xterra
Re: 2wd to 4wd conversion
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 09:14:09 PM »
Ive done this. With the amount of 1st gen Xterras going SAS its easy to aquire the front axle stuff. I used car-part.com to aquire a trans with transfer case and front diff. Other than that, you will need the tcase shifter, shifter boot and trans crossmember. You will also need to extend the speed sensor harness for the trans.