Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Mojave Road April 22th - April 24th  (Read 81942 times)

(Sir)JohnOfFullerton

• 4wd Pts: 7
Mojave Road April 22th - April 24th
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2016, 08:19:39 PM »
So I'm happy to be the first to post pictures but I'm not gonna do a write up because I'd rather have a beer and hang with my wife. Great freakin weekend with you all, looking forward to seeing photos and such from the trip.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:26:30 PM by (Sir)JohnOfFullerton »

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: Mojave Road April 22th - April 24th
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2016, 09:08:29 PM »
Well, it looks like the three of us that left early missed a little bit of fun.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2016, 11:10:57 PM »
Rik, great meeting you guys on the run and for posting the pics. I rolled in about 2200 and after off-loading the necessities have decided to concede to a warm comfortable bed. Hopefully everyone made it back safely and the extended field repair went off without a hitch. Great run, much thanks to Toro for setting it up and all you guys who went along!
Isaiah 6:8

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #318 on: April 25, 2016, 05:47:57 AM »
I too had fun. Always a great time on the Mojave Road.
   After the bush fix to get him to the high way, Christiaan had his rig towed to my place. I swung by FierceX's place to pick up a set of coilovers....Fierce was still on the trail so he called ahead to his wife.
    Took us about 45 min and he was on the road home by 8pm.
     Good times.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:50:14 AM by Toro »

Yota-Spy

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2016 Toyota Tacoma (Hey, I was invited here...)
« Reply #319 on: April 25, 2016, 05:51:14 AM »
   After the bush fix to get him to the high way, Christiaan had his rig towed to my place. I swung by FierceX's place to pick up a set of coilovers....Fierce wasn't still on the trail so he called ahead to his wife.
     Good times.

This update makes me happy!
"If at first you don't succeed... ya may wanna avoid base jumping"

(Sir)JohnOfFullerton

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #320 on: April 25, 2016, 08:10:03 AM »
   After the bush fix to get him to the high way, Christiaan had his rig towed to my place. I swung by FierceX's place to pick up a set of coilovers....Fierce was still on the trail so he called ahead to his wife.
     Good times.
That's fantastic. Toro you're the man, I don't care what Steve C says about you.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #321 on: April 25, 2016, 08:27:16 AM »
Always amazed at this group on what can fixed in the middle of the desert on a trail  with a Rock and a Joshua Tree LOL.
Nice work Toro and Sir John 8)
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

fiercextreme

• 4wd Pts: -10
    • 2015 xTERRA OVERLANDER MODEL!
« Reply #322 on: April 25, 2016, 08:35:33 AM »
Thanks to everyone. Had a great time! Glad to have finally met u guys and put a face to the name. Please forgive me I'm bad w names. I know I stumbled w the names and recognizing voices on cb comms a few times. I just wanted to give a shout out to the fellas who helped me on my journey. Toro thx for the awesome trip. I know it took time and effort to set this up! Celt for helping me realize my tent wasnt going to be there in the morning (due to high winds)  if I didnt add the extra string and bungie support to my truck. Your father is a great man! Sir John for just making me feel welcome and all warm and fuzzy inside from those great winks oh and the sun block. Chris (the crazy American w the Unon Jack stamped on his shoudler) nice to meet such a fascinating personality, oh and for helping me get on the right track w proper eating habits and for that amazing cheese. My wife loved it! Joe your snoring on night 2 was a relief after I thought a mountain lion was just outside my tent, lol! Jordan for the reassurance u were somewhere behind me, but in always good cb contact as well. Jeep Garrett and Daniel for helping me realize minimum two 5-gallon spare gas cans would be better on this trip! Daniel and your nice father for the spare phone charger to help me troubleshoot my 12v outlets. The last thing I would have expected was my charger dieing the morning of my trip, but bringing an inverter wasnt a bad idea either. Tim thx for the tech info on ur boards and that next time I should bring some sandwiches. Yours looked so yummy on day 3. Randy for helping me not want to do a PA speaker from my cb anymore. TrailBreaker for the airing up after the trip. I appreciated your patience. Rik for the roasting utencil to cook my hot dogs and ur wifes potty training techniques for my lil boy! It just so happened after coming home from this trip hes potty trained. I guess mommies techniques work better than mine. SteveC that wearing a longsleeve shirt in the desert isnt a silly idea after all. Jayrat for great conversations and now I know ur one of the fast guys and u need to be in front of me not behid me, lol! And to all the others who made this trip special I thank you! Ill post my pics soon!
WARNING: P&P crossing a-head

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:34 AM »
A HUGE thank you to Danny for putting this trip together and leading a team of 20 unique rigs, personalities and off-roading skill levels through the vast Mojave Desert. Also, a HUGE thank you to Christiaan for organizing the food and making sure we all ate like kings and queens. I've said it before, but I think I eat better on the trail than I do at home!

Also a huge thank you to everyone on this trip who made it another memorable one for the record books. This was a great group of folks, and I can't wait to share some photos of our good time and see what everyone else was able to capture.

Good times.

This update is a huge relief. I agree with Jayrat - it's amazing what can be done on the trail with the great minds in this group. You guys know who you are, and this group wouldn't be the same without you. I tend to stay out of the way or simply hand tools because I don't have the same genius mind, but I'm always observing and learning, which gives me more and more confidence each time I hit the trails.

Joe your snoring on night 2 was a relief after I thought a mountain lion was just outside my tent, lol!

Ha! Maybe it was a mountain lion after all, because the wife said I wasn't snoring (although she does snore, and I tend to sleep through it at this point so maybe it was her). :) In all honesty, I usually sleep well on these trips, but I slept like garbage each night out there for some reason and I woke up at least 5 or 6 times each night.  :-\ I think it was a combination between the hole in my air mattress and the super bright moon tricking me into thinking it was daylight.

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »
First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for getting my flat changed in under 5 minutes. I do now realize that I need to pack my tools where they're more accessible. This tire change also showed me the true depth and personality of this group. It's a "service before self" mentality. You guys are willing to help, no questions asked. Thanks again.
Rik, great meeting you guys on the run and for posting the pics. I rolled in about 2200 and after off-loading the necessities have decided to concede to a warm comfortable bed. Hopefully everyone made it back safely and the extended field repair went off without a hitch. Great run, much thanks to Toro for setting it up and all you guys who went along!
It was also a pleasure to meet you, finally. I got home, banged out my HW, unloaded the truck, and managed to upload the pics.
     Good times.
Yes, this is an awesome update.
Thanks to everyone. Had a great time! Glad to have finally met u guys and put a face to the name. Please forgive me I'm bad w names. I know I stumbled w the names and recognizing voices on cb comms a few times. I just wanted to give a shout out to the fellas who helped me on my journey. Toro thx for the awesome trip. I know it took time and effort to set this up! Celt for helping me realize my tent wasnt going to be there in the morning (due to high winds)  if I didnt add the extra string and bungie support to my truck. Your father is a great man! Sir John for just making me feel welcome and all warm and fuzzy inside from those great winks oh and the sun block. Chris (the crazy American w the Unon Jack stamped on his shoudler) nice to meet such a fascinating personality, oh and for helping me get on the right track w proper eating habits and for that amazing cheese. My wife loved it! Joe your snoring on night 2 was a relief after I thought a mountain lion was just outside my tent, lol! Jordan for the reassurance u were somewhere behind me, but in always good cb contact as well. Jeep Garrett and Daniel for helping me realize minimum two 5-gallon spare gas cans would be better on this trip! Daniel and your nice father for the spare phone charger to help me troubleshoot my 12v outlets. The last thing I would have expected was my charger dieing the morning of my trip, but bringing an inverter wasnt a bad idea either. Tim thx for the tech info on ur boards and that next time I should bring some sandwiches. Yours looked so yummy on day 3. Randy for helping me not want to do a PA speaker from my cb anymore. TrailBreaker for the airing up after the trip. I appreciated your patience. Rik for the roasting utencil to cook my hot dogs and ur wifes potty training techniques for my lil boy! It just so happened after coming home from this trip hes potty trained. I guess mommies techniques work better than mine. SteveC that wearing a longsleeve shirt in the desert isnt a silly idea after all. Jayrat for great conversations and now I know ur one of the fast guys and u need to be in front of me not behid me, lol! And to all the others who made this trip special I thank you! Ill post my pics soon!
I hope it was a good experience with the group. Good luck with work, and I'm happy to hear about your child.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2016, 10:45:33 AM »
Another TMR in the books, and another great weekend was had.

I owe Sir John, Danny, Jordan, Rick, Randy a debt of gratitude I'll do my best to pay back.  You guys helped me limp to help, which lead to a quick-fix, which got me home by 9 with my rig operational, which I thought was nearly impossible for a majority of the day.

Tim, it was great to follow you in that traffic on the 15 and then again on the 40 lol.

It was great to put face with the new names, and I hope to see you all out on the trail soon.

Thanks,

-Christiaan
aka DIRTY X
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:43:22 AM by xxSVxx »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2016, 11:47:22 AM »
Listen bitches...I only work in purple.

Sent from Cygnus X-1
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:59:19 AM by GeoYota »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Celt

« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2016, 12:04:10 PM »
Listen bitches...I only work in purple.

Sent from Cygnus X-1

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA...................... Now THAT was funny!

Celt

« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2016, 12:29:14 PM »
A couple of the pics I got.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae354/Celt5494/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/20160424_133802_zpsgosb6wjs.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae354/Celt5494/20160423_135237_zpsxncaftwz.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae354/Celt5494/20160423_135214_zpsyympywsf.jpg

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2016, 06:26:28 PM »
Great write ups guys!  I don't think I can add anything to all the comments, except that I love the way that Celt was able to capture the whole trip in just 3 photos ;)

Oh yeah, and FYI Christiaan, I think that I saw GeoTaco with the Hippies that painted your Diff.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO