Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Santiago Peak  (Read 6862 times)

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
Santiago Peak
« on: January 06, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »
For the 2007 Xcursion to Santiago Peak, does anyone recall which route was taken to get to the peak? From the US Forest Service website, I see that a number of truck trails are currently closed as a result of recent storm damages.
Thanks!

FrankB

Re: Santiago Peak
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 08:18:07 PM »
Alex,

I guess no one can remember how we got there. Brian was leading, and we wandered a tiny bit actually. The trail started behind some new homes in area off to the west of next exit north of the outlet mall. As far as I can remember we met at the outlet mall, then took I-15 north for one exit. Also, once we were on the dirt road it was fairly well maintained, and let to some sort of retreat or maybe religious facility (or, it could have been a nudist camp, I don't remember exactly).

Probably not much help, but maybe with Google maps or something you would work your way backwards from the trails you know down to the street.

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
Re: Santiago Peak
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47:30 PM »
I didn't even think to work backwards! I'm looking to run Indian Truck Trail once it opens, and maybe some of the San Diego trails when I'm out that way. Thanks.