Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: SCCX Xcursion ideas  (Read 32035 times)

sevenhelmet

• 4wd Pts: 1
Re: SCCX Xcursion ideas
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »
Thanks, I've got another op coming together in May as well a bunch of traveling for family and work, so might have to be in June anyway.  I'll get back with a date if I can carve out a weekend.
KK6AEL

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »
Thanks, I've got another op coming together in May as well a bunch of traveling for family and work, so might have to be in June anyway.  I'll get back with a date if I can carve out a weekend.

Sounds good.  That pesky Fathers Day sometimes gets in the way of planning a weekend in June.  Some people will use any excuse to stay home and get themselves some pampering.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:02:31 PM by RockinX »

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2013, 08:46:20 AM »
June sounds good to me.  Got back from Texas and finally got my Fox RR shocks mounted in the rear.  Dying to trail test it.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2013, 09:35:06 AM »
We now have the Homepage up and running.  ;D  You can see what's on the calendar for SCCX in the Current Events section of the Homepage.  The Homepage can be found by clicking on the link at the top of the page.  Here is a direct link to the Current Events.  SCCX Current Events

If you would like me to add the Swansea-Cerro Gordo run to the calendar, please let me know once you decide the date.  We can schedule it as "tentative" if you would like so that the members will know that the date may change.

Can you please add the Santiago Peak Run on June 15?

Thanks
I love it when a plan comes together

xterrer

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »
Couple of suggestions for you guys:

Calico: there a lot of trails there from stock friendly to "Oh my god, why am I doing this"
Death Valley
Anza Borrego: again, there a lot of different skill level trails there
The Bishop area; Research it. Lots of fun trails and GREAT scenery. Check out the Buttermilk area....
Last Chance Canyon/Nightmare Gulch
Joshua Tree: Going in through Berdoo Canyon and out through Brooklyn Mine
Upper Lytle Creek Ridge Trail/Cleghorn/Big Pine Flat Trails. Camp in Coldwater Canyon
Bradshaw Trail

A GREAT reference for trails in SoCal isBackcountry Adventures Southern California trail book
http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Adventures-Southern-California-Ultimate/dp/1930193262/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369352364&sr=8-2&keywords=backcountry+adventures+southern+california

Hope this helps!!!!!

Jason
You will never know what your limits are until you've gone too far...