Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: alright who did I see today at Superstition mountain??  (Read 3786 times)

Mastagrog

• 4wd Pts: 4
alright who did I see today at Superstition mountain??
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »
Sorry for another one ;D I was leaving camp and I spotted a white lifted X parked next to an RV kind of next to the main road around 0930. If I wasnt in a hurry to get back I would have stopped and said hi. I wasnt close enough or going slow enough to see who it was.

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
Re: alright who did I see today at Superstition mountain??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:43:05 PM »
That was me Aram.   At 0930 I was getting ready to leave after a rather long night of trying to fix my coilover so I could get home.

Did you make any of the runs with the San Diego 4 wheelers?
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Mastagrog

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
I had a strong suspicion it was you. It was too tall to be anyone else. Sorry for not stopping to say hi, I was in a hurry to get back. However if I would have known you were out there we could have done some runs. I didnt do any runs out there. I drove around alot but just with some friends of mine. And as far as you're coil over again if I would have known I could have lent a hand

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »
Hey thanks for the offer Aram.  :)  But I'll tell you I was in good hands with the San Diego 4 wheeler recovery crew.   They were absolutely great.    Two guys  by the name of Russ and Mike, who were the recovery crew that got me off the mountain Saturday, worked with me into the night welding up my coilover so that I could get home.   

I'll tell you that was a pretty helpless feeling to be stuck up a 15 foot wide rock waterfall no front locker, broken coilover and 200 miles from home.   But these guys were unbelievably prepared and had me on the road home Sunday.   

I couldn't thank them enough for what they did for me. And you know what?  It didn't matter that they were working on an Xterra for 1 second either.  We were all part of the 4 wheeler community helping each other.

P.S.   I went out for an early morning run on Sunday before I left and lets see we had blown radiator and an oil fire that we had to  take care of on that little run.  AND I HELPED!!! 
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Mastagrog

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »
Im glad you were in good hands,  ive been meaning to look those guys up. I was surprised to see so many people out there. Looked like a good time. We just happend to be out there with a group of friends, none of them are really the slow crawler type haha, more of the lets see how fast we can climb this dune. I have to say that I like it there, lots of different terrain to check out

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »
Boy I guess  ;D   It's just when you get in the rocks on the other side of Superstition Mountain when it gets exciting...
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL