Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: MOD DAY OF DOOM! - January 31, 2009  (Read 56682 times)

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
Re: MOD DAY OF DOOM! - January 31, 2009
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2009, 11:17:53 PM »
That stretch of 60 is super fun!!!!  I almost wanted to turn around and drive it again.

I just got home.  I am super dirty.

Did anything fall off Chris.

Fred, I called I think the slug will run you around 30bucks

Any one else wants teh slugs, tell me know so I can pick them up all at once.

All I can say is... THANK YOU! You guys rock! Really learned a lot. I wish we had a picture of the time when it was "all hands on deck" when we were trying to align the front diff. It was like being in the operating room... but dirtier...  :P

Spencer--you da man! Thanks for the spare adjuster... and for hooking it up with the tubing. Thanks for checking for me... just let me know how to send you the money (Paypal, etc.).  

Mitch--thanks for hosting the Mod Day of Negativity... (not enough carnage to justify DOOM).   :-[

Chris--for being the "negative" guinea pig... lol! It sure was quite a task. Wish we could have gotten a video of you taking off after the kid in the neighborhood flagged you... very NASCAR-like!

Bruce--it was a pleasure working on your truck! You must be proud to have such a supportive Dad. It was a pleasure meeting you both.

Frank--your generosity and unconditional willingness to help really shines.

Thanks for reminding everyone what the club is all about...  ;D
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

XterracerX

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2009, 11:20:52 PM »
Have to say i had a lot of fun yesterday. Learned a lot and its always a great experience. Putting on the tow hitch was fun as well. Thanks for the help Fred!!
Mitch thanks again for the use of your house and driveway along with tools and food :) It was good seeing you again.
Also good seeing Chris, Spencer and Frank. It had been a while. Frank we should plan another trip to Borrego and Chris glad the King Kong hasnt fallen off yet ;)

You are very welcome Bruce!

Also, try to see if you can get another bolt to add to the 2 x 2 that is already mounted on your hitch... just to give it more strength. I think have 3 bolts on each side would really make it solid.

fleury123

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2009, 11:45:45 AM »
Chris--for being the "negative" guinea pig... lol! It sure was quite a task. Wish we could have gotten a video of you taking off after the kid in the neighborhood flagged you... very NASCAR-like!
 Why do  I have to be the negative guinea pig. Why not a happy ground hog

XterracerX

« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »
 Why do  I have to be the negative guinea pig. Why not a happy ground hog

Welp... since your diff is now about less than an inch closer to the ground now... I guess you can be the ground hog... but still negative... haha!  :P