Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Azusa Off Road Park - SCCX Day 8/25/12  (Read 22265 times)

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
Re: Azusa Off Road Park - SCCX Day 8/25/12
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 09:43:24 PM »
I have uploaded quite a few new pictures.  In the pictures you may notice an X playing in the mud and it appears his tire is cranked all the way to the right.  Yup, donut time!  Also, be sure to check out the chain strapped to the back of the FJ.  Sheesh!  And if you got home and wondered why one of your tires had less air than the other three, we had a young future wheeler in our midst helping dad, shown below.  :D

And last but not least, with regard to the final picture in the link, all I have to say is.... The Sampler, three pork spareribs, beef brisket, pulled pork, chicken and a spicy hot link, served with your choice of two sides.  Great way to end a run!  Thanks guys!

Here
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:12:20 PM by RockinX »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »
Thanks for posting some more photos Marshann...I browsed through all 275 photos!

Also, I wanted to personally thank a few people for helping during the Xcursion.

Max, for putting the Club in touch with Mike Bishop and the crew at the off road park and directing us the the best post run barbecue I have ever had (extra karma points buddy!)

Marshann, for always having a cold bottled water handy, AND loaning her cO2 tank so I could reseat my bead.

Nick, for helping me change my tire.

Terry, for helping me reseat the bead with Marshann's tank.

Terry and Danny for helping spot me off that pumpkin grabbing rock.

Ray for the post run burgers...thanks buddy.

Patrick and Max for being banner hangers.

Tim and Danny for helping to recover the Jeep in the mud...and Nick for strapping and shoveling with me.

Jaime and Marshan for the post run history lessons.

Dana for teaching us how to quick change a power steering unit.

Shiloh for not showing up in heels.  ;D
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RockinX

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
Thanks for posting some more photos Marshann...I browsed through all 275 photos!

That may seem like a lot of photos, but somehow I ended up with about 800 pictures.  I'll need to learn not to lean on the continuous mode on my camera so much.  However, if I moved through the pics fast enough, I could see the progression of a climb and it almost looked like a video.  I'll need to go through the album again to get the number down.  But it is heartbreaking to delete someone's rig just because I didn't take a good photo.  Okay, maybe heartbreaking is a little strong, but still.  I figure if I take enough pictures that I should be able to get a few good ones. 

My earlier Xcursion photos were taken with a film camera.  I'm glad I don't have to buy film by the case anymore.  :D

IRON X

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
A little late but I wanna say it was great seeing and meeting everyone on saturday. The only regret I have was not putting in my donation, which I had ready but forgot to put in :( I should have given it to john as soon as we met at Costco. Ill double my donation next time to make up for it.

Either way I wanna thank everyone for coming out amd making it an awesome day of wheeling. Got stuck twice but thanks to the members of this board I was aable to get free and continue.

I wanna thank Max for helping me make the decision to bring a larger shovel next time.. my shovel bowed before "plan B" haha.

Can't wait for the next run guys and gals. See you on the trail

:)
33x12.5 Duratracs, Crager Soft 8's, DIY 2" BL, AC Upper Control Arms, Sway-A-Away TBars, Trail Gear Sliders, Sony Xplode GT450U, Volant CAI, Cherry Bomb Extreme Muffler w/ Downpipe, KC Daylights on Custom Fender/Cowel Mounts, TC IAB, Uniden PRO510XL CB, 4ft Firestik, Smittybilt Front Recovery Hooks

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
A little late but I wanna say it was great seeing and meeting everyone on saturday. The only regret I have was not putting in my donation, which I had ready but forgot to put in :( I should have given it to john as soon as we met at Costco. Ill double my donation next time to make up for it.

Either way I wanna thank everyone for coming out amd making it an awesome day of wheeling. Got stuck twice but thanks to the members of this board I was aable to get free and continue.

I wanna thank Max for helping me make the decision to bring a larger shovel next time.. my shovel bowed before "plan B" haha.

Can't wait for the next run guys and gals. See you on the trail

:)

Thanks Patrick...it was great seeing you too!
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

npgtech

• 4wd Pts: 25
    • 2010 Xterra / 2015 Frontier
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »

Marshann, I absolutely love this pic with Taylor helping me air up!  I need it!

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »

Hey Dad,
This is one of those keepsake pictures....
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

RockinX

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

I'm glad you like the picture.  Yeah, it's definitely a keeper!  You should be able to save the picture to your computer from the link I included in my message.  My opinion is that if I post a picture, then it is free and available for use by anyone.  No need to ask, although that is very considerate of you.  If you have trouble saving the picture to your computer, let me know.

shi819

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »
That picture of Taylor was absolute adorable. Thank you so much. <3 Definitely my new favorite.
~Shi

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 07:18:24 PM »

Okay the one of Taylor is very cute but I like this one too.  Mind if I use this one on my FB page?  I'll credit you as the photographer.
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »

Dude your shovel is awesome don't get me wrong.  I mean there is a purpose for all shovels.  Like when off roading "plan B" works well.  If I was going to play sandcastle at the beach with my niece your shovel would work well.  ;D

(Sorry I couldn't resist)

This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

RockinX

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »
Okay the one of Taylor is very cute but I like this one too.  Mind if I use this one on my FB page?  I'll credit you as the photographer.

I thought you might like that one.  ;D  Maybe even put it on your travel bug page as well?  Absolutely you can use it as you like and no need for anyone to credit me as the photographer.  Well, unless there is money in it for me.  JK  :D

BrO-J

• B-350
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 10:02:46 PM »
It was great having your group out there and hopefully you'll do it again soon. Your donation was greatly appreciated and turned over to Mike Bishop ACORA president. I'd love to see more pics and hope you could post on our website as well.
 http://acorausa.com/forum/index.php?topic=2681.150
 Ron
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:05:23 PM by BrO-J »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »
It was great having your group out there and hopefully you'll do it again soon. Your donation was greatly appreciated and turned over to Mike Bishop ACORA president. I'd love to see more pics and hope you could post on our website as well.
 http://acorausa.com/forum/index.php?topic=2681.150
 Ron

Ron!!

THANK YOU!! 

We had a great time running around...high centering and blowing beads!  ;D

KD6DCI

BrO-J

• B-350
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 11:07:46 PM »
YOU'RE WELCOME. There's nothing wrong with pushing your rig to it's limitations and you guys did that. The course was built for technical training and learning all while having fun.