Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Corral Canyon trail run  (Read 6494 times)

Terra_Xpeditions

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro4x
Corral Canyon trail run
« on: December 20, 2021, 04:01:14 PM »
Hi everyone,

I’m planning on going to Corral Canyon this week if not the next.
I will be hitting Sidewinder trail specifically.

It’s looking like it’s going to be on DEC 23, DEC 26 or DEC 29.

If you’re interested please let me know.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 06:52:17 PM by Terra_Xpeditions »

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Re: Corral Canyon trail run
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 04:10:53 PM »
I watched video's, looks like a fun trail.  Unfortunately I work until noon on the 23rd and I won't be intown on the 29th.  Keep us in the loop.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 04:49:11 PM »
Thanks for the invite ,
Unfortunately I just removed my skids so I can Change My Rack and Pinion
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Terra_Xpeditions

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro4x
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 06:54:45 PM »
I watched video's, looks like a fun trail.  Unfortunately I work until noon on the 23rd and I won't be intown on the 29th.  Keep us in the loop.

Another option is Sunday DEC26

G.B.H.

• 4wd Pts: -21
    • 08 xterra se
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 12:20:57 PM »
Is all of Corral Canyon open or still just parts of it? Last I was out was June and most of it was closed.
G.B.H.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 06:48:26 PM »
Is all of Corral Canyon open or still just parts of it? Last I was out was June and most of it was closed.
My Cousin lives in Campo , he is there almost every weekend.
 I think it was shut down for a while because of the VID-19-20-21
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

G.B.H.

• 08 xterra se
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 12:31:11 PM »
It was because of the fires. Trying to do some restoration. I guess it restored enough to open again.
G.B.H.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 08:00:44 PM »
I'm thinkin I'm goin with the local knowledge who wheels it on the regular.
Isaiah 6:8

G.B.H.

• 08 xterra se
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 11:29:11 PM »
It was the valley fire. Closed much of the area for awhile. Feel free to ask the locals. Campgrounds and some of the trails were open but not all. I hike the area quite often. Doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. All open now. Like it never happened.
G.B.H.

Celt

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021, 04:45:42 AM »
It was the valley fire. Closed much of the area for awhile. Feel free to ask the locals. Campgrounds and some of the trails were open but not all. I hike the area quite often. Doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. All open now. Like it never happened.

Are you challenged in reading comprehension or something? Someone posted a question wondering if the trail was open or not. This has nothing to do with you, your fires or hiking or the Wu-Flu. I was agreeing with Jayrat that it was closed for a time being but is now open. Maybe you should attend a run or actually do something with everyone and get to know some of us prior to being snarky. Most of us have known each other for many years. Once you do that your snarkiness might be better received or hopefully welcomed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 04:48:49 AM by Celt »

G.B.H.

• 08 xterra se
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2021, 05:18:41 PM »
Sorry this post got a bit hijacked. I was thinking about going on one of the days suggested but my build is still on 31.5’s. Sidewinder might do some serious carnage to my rig. Was going to watch a built X do Sidewinder and then hit some of the easier trails, if they were open. Do to unforeseen circumstances, I can’t now.

P.S. only for Celt. I see no snark in my post. Just some clarification. Sorry for it being taken that way. As for going on runs and meeting members, I have gone on three outings (pretty good for how few runs this “club” does) with people from this group. Two you were in attendance. You made no attempt to get to know me or my wife or even say hi to the newbies.
In the future I will refrain from commenting on posts and just lurk like most do. No reason to get involved with this nonsense.
G.B.H.

Celt

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 05:49:22 PM »

P.S. only for Celt I have gone on three outings (pretty good for how few runs this “club” does) with people from this group. Two you were in attendance. You made no attempt to get to know me or my wife or even say hi to the newbies.
In the future I will refrain from commenting on posts and just lurk like most do. No reason to get involved with this nonsense.

Sorry I don't remember which of those runs you went on? If you can refresh my memory it would be nice. I tend to try and make folks that are new to our events feel welcome and their wives. Never seem to have had a problem there. If that's your opinion then I suppose it is nonsense. If you want to throw your sucker in the dirt about everything and stomp away by all means that's your decision stand by it.

Celt

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2022, 09:25:25 PM »

P.S. only for Celt. I see no snark in my post. Just some clarification. Sorry for it being taken that way. As for going on runs and meeting members, I have gone on three outings (pretty good for how few runs this “club” does) with people from this group. Two you were in attendance. You made no attempt to get to know me or my wife or even say hi to the newbies.

Still waiting for you to post those two trips where I was with you and where I didn't make you and your wife feel all warm and fuzzy. If you wish to try and discredit me on this forum, I would like to see you back it up.