Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Overland Expo West 2021 - Return From the Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 10666 times)

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Overland Expo West 2021 - Return From the Zombie Apocalypse
« on: November 21, 2020, 12:27:45 PM »
So I know the tickets aren't even available yet, but I am trying to be positive about the future.  So I reserved a campsite at Pine Grove Campground:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/coconino/recarea/?recid=55024

I can always cancel it later if the event doesn't go or other cataclysmic events transpire.  There are a lot of available campsites for that weekend, as reservations just opened up.  If you are thinking of going and want to avoid the "festival" camping, you might want to consider booking a site while they are available.  We will be staying in site #26.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
Re: Overland Expo West 2021 - Return From the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 01:29:58 PM »
Is there an update to the Expo?
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 02:45:09 PM »
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 04:35:13 PM »
How did you get the site so early.  I tried to reserve a site and it says I can't do it until next week. :(
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 06:16:22 AM »
How did you get the site so early.  I tried to reserve a site and it says I can't do it until next week. :(

Notice that the first post was back in November, when they thought they were going to do the event in May.  Then they moved it and I cancelled those reservations.  Like you, I have to wait until next week for the reservation window to open for September.

CAWoody

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 07:12:18 AM »
Got it.  THought maybe you had a backdoor into the reservations.  ;)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 07:19:05 PM »
 I'd love to go but I just don't think I can comply with their "requirements" for this year's event. I've had enough of it a long time ago. Next year though with any good hope thing might change as I would really like to attend one of these events.
Isaiah 6:8

CAWoody

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 07:41:02 AM »
I'm in.  Got my spot at Pine Grove.  Site #25.

Come on Celt, by September all this silliness will be over and you will be able to get in the face of any millenial and call them a snowflake the love in your eyes and the smile in your heart.  :D

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 10:45:51 AM »
So I just reserved site #26 for Thursday through Sunday.   :D

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 10:58:43 PM »
I'm in.  Got my spot at Pine Grove.  Site #25.

Come on Celt, by September all this silliness will be over and you will be able to get in the face of any millenial and call them a snowflake the love in your eyes and the smile in your heart.  :D

As much as I want to go to this event and spend time with you guys I just cant wear a face diaper while in the event. It's not doing anything but making the sheeple feel better driving their cars wearing a face diaper and gloves because that rona is all about getting into everything we breather. No matter the nasty filth toxins that are bred inside those masks that are used day after day all because someone said to do it. I really wish I could spend time with you guys but I'm done with this. I refuse to live my life in fear. If things change next year I will definitely go. For now I don't want to have to argue with a bunch of Kool-Aid drinkers harping about not wearing a face diaper to make themselves feel better about themselves all the while having no effect other than a negative one.
Isaiah 6:8

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 11:26:07 AM »
Who from the group is going to Expo.  I am debating about camping in the BLM land nearby and attending via day passes.  Has anyone else camped in the wild nearby.  anyone know the closest spot, maybe I can ride a bike in.  Perhaps off Highland Trail - 35.12628643737797, -111.69456615611885    Gaia says its national forest land.  There is also this dirt road nearby as well - 35.141041, -111.704981    I wish there was parking available on site as I usually stay late for some of the after hours parties.

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »
We are heading up early tomorrow, but it is for the Black Series trailer rally.  We are camping out east by Pickett Lake until Friday morning.  Then we are convoying in to OEx.  Be sure to check the USFS site for closures.  I looked at it the other day and camping and campfires are restricted if you are close to Flagstaff.

CAWoody

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 03:26:24 PM »
We have reservations at Pinegrove campground Thursday thru Sunday but will be checking into Pineflat FF campground since it is 10 miles closer.  Pumphouse wash looked interesting but I am brining my wife and the dispersed camping is not her favorite.

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 04:59:39 PM »
Where is pumphouse wash?

CAWoody

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2021, 07:52:15 AM »
Off Hwy 89A about 11 miles south for the Fairgrounds on FR237 (GPS (Map): 35°03'15.5"N 111°43'35.1"W).  I found it on Recreation.gov.