Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Long time, no see (or play)!  (Read 4264 times)

lquerques

• 4wd Pts: 0
Long time, no see (or play)!
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
Hey Guys...this is Laurie (Querques) Rulison.  I used to be a member of the group about 5 years ago, my husband Doug and I would come on runs all the time.  Hope those of you we knew are doing well.  I still think about the fun times we had off-roading, camping, and getting stuck.  Unfortunately I'm having to sell my beloved 2001 Xterra!  So sad!!!  But I had a daughter about 2 years ago and now pregnant with number 2 on the way, and needed to buy a new car.  I posted an ad on your Garage Sale forum, hoping maybe one of you may know someone who wants/needs an AWESOME off-roading stock vehicle.  :)
Take care, and wish you all the best!
-Laurie  ;D

FrankB

Re: Long time, no see (or play)!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:42:53 AM »
Hi Laurie!  It has been a long time. Hope all is well.

Congrats on the daughter, and on the one on the way. Did I hear that you were now up in the San Clemente area or something like that?  Say hello to Doug for Heather and I too.

You do realize that you can still come on Xcursions no matter what you are driving, right? Well, unless whatever it is won't handle the trail.

Here's a picture of you in your X, from November of 2006, in Sandstone Canyon.

lquerques

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »
Hey Frank.  Great picture!  :)  Maybe I should post that one in my craigslis ad.  hahaha
That run was a lot of fun.  I think I brought my sisters & bro-in-law along on that one.
Hope you and Heather are doing well too.
We did move up to Laguna Niguel for a year and a half, but finally bought our first home 2 years ago back down in SD county.  We are in Oceanside, near the Mission. 
I'd love to come meetup with you guys...but don't think my new Kia Sorento would make it.  It's pretty, but not meant for off-roading.  :(
I will miss the adventure days!!

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 10:27:47 PM »
Hi Laurie!

Definitely long time! Last time I saw you guys was when Nissan would host the Xterra Triathlons in Temecula.

Congrats on the family!
Fred
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
Hey Laurie,

Good to hear from you and glad you and Doug are doing well.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

lquerques

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »
Thanks guys!  Glad to see a bunch of people I remember are still around.  :)
Doug still likes to run in the Xterra Trail Races actually....so if you guys are ever there, I'll look for you to come say HI.
Sold my X this morning to a girl in Temecula.  So sad to see it drive away!  But I still have my SCCX stickers on the fridge as a fun 4wheeling reminder.
Take care.
-Laurie

FrankB

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 02:18:07 PM »
Thanks guys!  Glad to see a bunch of people I remember are still around.  :)
Doug still likes to run in the Xterra Trail Races actually....so if you guys are ever there, I'll look for you to come say HI.
Sold my X this morning to a girl in Temecula.  So sad to see it drive away!  But I still have my SCCX stickers on the fridge as a fun 4wheeling reminder.
Take care.
-Laurie

Laurie,

Keep an eye on the Xcursion Forum, I'll probably set up a Blair Valley Anza Borrego trip in the next few months - your Sorrento could handle that trail easily (I once saw a BMW sedan parked at the Pictograph hike trailhead).