Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Not offroading has been dangerous to my Xterra  (Read 5240 times)

sturndog

• 4wd Pts: 9
Not offroading has been dangerous to my Xterra
« on: February 26, 2010, 09:18:48 AM »
I have missed a few runs lately, and have noticed that not offroading is dangerous in Los Angeles. 
I lost a tire to a bolt someone sharpened and left at a Shell gas station, puncturing my tire where no sharp rock could do so.
My windshield was hit by a flying object from a gardener and edger - $430 at dealership. Someone poked/keyed the front of my truck with a sharp object, and I had a nut case try to jump on my hood because my lady locked the doors . Evidently the sound set him off - one of those people talking to themselves making execution gestures. I also had a Honda Civic run into the back of my stopped Xterra, she was talking on a cell phone. Luckily, my shrock bumper was stronger than her hood, she suffered alot of damage - my spring pack and Bilsteins absorbed the rest. ;D

Off roading is much less dangerous and a safer crowd I swear!    (picture is stock footage not mine)

Kyle J. Thompson

• 4wd Pts: 5
Re: Not offroading has been dangerous to my Xterra
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »
 Awww dang that really is not fun, I've had days..or weeks like that :'(....and even when off roading when stuff goes bad (winch burns up...flat) its more of an adventure.....on the highway a flat just annoys you!

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:04:10 PM »
John, Dan posted that you're a cry baby but I deleted it.  My power is awesome.  Anyway, you're not a cry baby, you're a sniveler.  We need to get offroad time and break that bad mojo.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:49:26 PM »
Dang you've got a streak of bad luck running there.

If you come by here our Buddhist temple's monks can bless your truck for good luck.  ;)
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

slantyshanty

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 07:25:27 PM »
This is where one of two (or both) things need to be/happen. I either need to be able to shoot anyone/anything with one of my guns, OR the world needs to be made of nerf. Crazy person lands on nerf hood of nerf car, well then nerf car slams into another nerf object (car, building, etc.) and fun is had by all... Nerf car cuts you off in traffis, slam nerf car into a ditch and giggle like a school girl. Have a bad day at work and jump off of your nerf building and plunge to the nerf abyss below. Or, crazy person lands on hood and I shoot said crazy in the head, and giggle like a schoolgirl.

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:07:23 PM »
John, Dan posted that you're a cry baby but I deleted it.  My power is awesome.  Anyway, you're not a cry baby, you're a sniveler.  We need to get offroad time and break that bad mojo.
This is true, Mitch is awesome, but I would advise against going off road and letting him break you of things.
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 08:44:43 AM »
At least you don't pee on you floor mats anymore, Dan.  BTW, I still have the rolled up newspaper.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 03:33:38 PM »
This is where one of two (or both) things need to be/happen. I either need to be able to shoot anyone/anything with one of my guns, OR the world needs to be made of nerf. Crazy person lands on nerf hood of nerf car, well then nerf car slams into another nerf object (car, building, etc.) and fun is had by all... Nerf car cuts you off in traffis, slam nerf car into a ditch and giggle like a school girl. Have a bad day at work and jump off of your nerf building and plunge to the nerf abyss below. Or, crazy person lands on hood and I shoot said crazy in the head, and giggle like a schoolgirl.

$10 says Sacramento trys to pass this law within 10 years!
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

sturndog

• 4wd Pts: 9
Maybe my daily driver should look like this
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Maybe my daily driver should look like this
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.