Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: BLM Requests Comments for West Mojave OHV Areas...  (Read 3002 times)

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
BLM Requests Comments for West Mojave OHV Areas...
« on: March 21, 2018, 09:02:44 PM »
This just came across my FB feed. This is something that could serious effects on future access to some of our favorite areas.

https://mailchi.mp/cal4wheel/wemo-meetings

Attend BLM’s Public Meetings for West Mojave OHV Travel Management Planning!

The Bureau of Land Management has published a notice marking the release of its draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement and draft Land Use Plan Amendment to manage OHV recreation within the West Mojave Planning Area in Southern California. The West Mojave Planning Area comprises approximately 9.4 million acres of land. Within the planning area, BLM administers approximately 3.1 million acres of public lands.

BLM states that the draft SEIS evaluates existing OHV routes and proposes a route network that “balances access with the protection of sensitive resources.” BLM’s announcement also commenced a 90-day public comment period.

Public Meetings
It is important for OHV enthusiasts to stay involved in the public lands management process by attending public meetings and having your voices heard. BLM invites members of the public to attend one of the following meetings from 5:00-7:00 pm:

April 17 - Hilton Garden Inn, 12603 Mariposa Rd., Victorville, CA 92395

April 18 - Kerr McGee Center, 100 W. California Ave., Ridgecrest, CA 93555

April 24 - Statham Hall (Lone Pine Senior Center), 138 N. Jackson St., Lone Pine, CA 93545

April 25 - Joshua Tree Community Center, 6171 Sunburst St., Joshua Tree, CA 92252

Submit Comments
Comments are due on June 14, 2018. Comments on the SEIS may be submitted by email: blm_ca_wemo_project@blm.gov; fax: 951-697-5299 with Attn: WMRNP Plan Amendment; or mail: Bureau of Land Management, California Desert District, Attn: WMRNP Plan Amendment, 22835 Calle San Juan de Los Lagos, Moreno Valley, CA 92553

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:52:20 PM by RikRong »
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: BLM Requests Comments for West Mojave OHV Areas...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 10:15:57 PM »
Holy crap, thanks for the heads up.  The meetings are too far for me, but I'm all over the Email attack.

"Comments are due on June 14, 2018. Comments on the SEIS may be submitted by email: blm_ca_wemo_project@blm.gov"
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 03:55:20 PM »
Holy crap, thanks for the heads up.  The meetings are too far for me, but I'm all over the Email attack.

"Comments are due on June 14, 2018. Comments on the SEIS may be submitted by email: blm_ca_wemo_project@blm.gov"
Yeah, I'm not sure why they're set up so far away from the rest of SoCal.  I am planning on attending the one in Victorville, if anyone further north wants to go with me.   
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 05:01:50 PM »
Really weird locations... probably to discourage supporters i assume.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:53:16 PM »
Really weird locations... probably to discourage supporters i assume.

That is exactly what I have been thinking. It really would not surprise me if that's 100% on their agenda to be able to get these closures.
Isaiah 6:8