Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Need Help. Pulled wires out of plug. Need someone to look at their truck for me  (Read 3639 times)

4x4forfun

• 4wd Pts: 6
I posted this a few minutes ago in the tech forum but I need to get as much attention as possible on this as it is preventing me from reassembling the intake system. I need to have the truck on the road by Wednesday afternoon.

While fixing the infamous intake Manifold leak on my 2002 V6 Xterra VG33e non turbo, I decided to rewrap my engine electrical harness with new conduit and high temp tape. In the process I pulled the wires out of the camshaft sensor plug when the pliers slipped and grab the conduit. I was able to disassemble the plug and get the contact crimps out and will be able to recrimp/solder the wires but I don't know which wire goes where. If someone has a spare harness laying around or if someone is brave enough to climb on to their engine and look down onto the plug and tell me which color wire is towards the engine side and which one is towards the firewall. One is a solid Blue while the other is black with white stripe. The location is behind the drivers side head unfortunately. Many Thanks in advance.
But he said it was stock friendly!!

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Jordan or Steevo might be able to help with your Gen 1 question...also posted a link requesting help on the SCCX FB page.

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

4x4forfun

Thanks ghost. A mechanic friend of mine said a two wire (Halls Type) sensor shouldn't matter on polarity because it is an induction coil with no internal electronics. Taking that into account along with that the same type of plug is used for the injectors and knock sensor, I put the black wire on the side that the other plugs have it. Hope it works because once I get the intake back on, I won't be able to get my fat hands back down there to easily.
 Once again, thank you for your input.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
I posted this a few minutes ago in the tech forum but I need to get as much attention as possible on this as it is preventing me from reassembling the intake system. I need to have the truck on the road by Wednesday afternoon.

While fixing the infamous intake Manifold leak on my 2002 V6 Xterra VG33e non turbo, I decided to rewrap my engine electrical harness with new conduit and high temp tape. In the process I pulled the wires out of the camshaft sensor plug when the pliers slipped and grab the conduit. I was able to disassemble the plug and get the contact crimps out and will be able to recrimp/solder the wires but I don't know which wire goes where. If someone has a spare harness laying around or if someone is brave enough to climb on to their engine and look down onto the plug and tell me which color wire is towards the engine side and which one is towards the firewall. One is a solid Blue while the other is black with white stripe. The location is behind the drivers side head unfortunately. Many Thanks in advance.
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Xterra/2001_Xterra/

Start here. Look in the FWD first to find your section.

Your answer might be in EL, Em, Ec Or foldout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4forfun

Want to thank you all for your help. All seems good as I have a few hundred miles since the repairs and no check engine lights and no longer smell coolant.