Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: The anti-thread jack thread.  (Read 60729 times)

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
Re: The anti-thread jack thread.
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
We can make a club...if that's the direction everyone chooses.

Pros:
-actually a club
-hand pick/vote in members
-declare non profit status with the IRS...don't pay taxes on donations etc but must file each year as a 501.3C.
-actually organize a set of Bylaws, vote and accept protocols of said club
-recognition with CAL 4WD Association
-would need to be maintained by a passionate, and unselfish group of like minded individuals.
-dues collected to fund stickers, shirts, swag, etc.

Cons-
-see above

Sent from Planet Claire
 using Tapatalk

but sccx doesnt include the word club does it?  i always thought it was Southern California Chapter of Xterra's or do i just not pay much attention?

I'm new here, so I'm still learning the ropes; but I thought you were a Club?  Are you guys just being sarcastic?  It says Club in the Forum Title.  It says club all over the home page and multiple other places......

If we ain't really a club than how come I keep getting free lap dances for being a/the BOD?!?

And you have at least one person listed as BOD.  So to say you aren't a club is kind of confusing to Newbies..... ??? ???

And I hate to jack your thread jack, but where do I get one of these SoCal CLUB stickers?  ::) ;D

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x326/thegreyhats/CAM00118.jpg
The anti-thread jack thread.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:53:15 PM by PainRoller »

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »
 To be in the "Club" you have to know about the wearing of the secret fez on the trips. There are other extremely important things to know such as Fire Jenga, the elusive top secret that nobody ever knows about preset HAM frequencies, however I digress. Since I can't talk about the secret fez, I'm not exactly sure I can eesplain any of this over the net. I suppose you will just have to attend some of the events.
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »
I'm new here, so I'm still learning the ropes; but I thought you were a Club?  Are you guys just being sarcastic?  It says Club in the Forum Title.  It says club all over the home page and multiple other places......

And you have at least one person listed as BOD.  So to say you aren't a club is kind of confusing to Newbies..... ??? ???

And I hate to jack your thread jack, but where do I get one of these SoCal CLUB stickers?  ::) ;D

Yes...it is confusing.

The "club" that everyone is speaking of, is really a website...the one we are all posting on...and the term "club" has been loosely used but never formally designated.

This group, as many others will attest to, is more of a social group...that loves everything Xterra/Nissan related.

The best way to explain it is this:

It is not a formal club, but is a part of the name just for naming sake.  A few people have tried to formalize the social group, to the detriment of several of it's members.  Some of the power went to individuals heads...rules were attempted to be "enforced" on runs, people's expectations were either elevated or deflated, and it just didn't work...and as Austin Powers once said, "You took my MOJO baby."

In the more recent history of SCCX, people just posting and organizing runs has worked (as xxSVxx stated, if it ain't broke...), and anything more formal than exercising common sense has been rebuffed.

Rules and formal organization, unless accepted by the masses, can polarize individuals.  It can work...but requires maintenance.

What I'm really trying to say is...if you want a sticker, head out to one of the runs that I'm attending and I'll slap one in your hand.  Right now they are free...t-shirts are $10...and everything else that happens here is priceless.  Just ask RBDuffer. :)

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Celt

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »
Yes...it is confusing.

The "club" that everyone is speaking of, is really a website...the one we are all posting on...and the term "club" has been loosely used but never formally designated.

This group, as many others will attest to, is more of a social group...that loves everything Xterra/Nissan related.

It is not a formal club, but is a part of the name just for naming sake.  A few people have tried to formalize the social group, to the detriment of several of it's members.  Some of the power went to individuals heads...rules were attempted to be "enforced" on runs, people's expectations were either elevated or deflated, and it just didn't work...and as Austin Powers once said, "You took my MOJO baby."

In the more recent history of SCCX, people just posting and organizing runs has worked (as xxSVxx stated, if it ain't broke...), and anything more formal than exercising common sense has been rebuffed.

Rules and formal organization, unless accepted by the masses, can polarize individuals.  It can work...but requires maintenance.

What I'm really trying to say is...if you want a sticker, head out to one of the runs that I'm attending and I'll slap one in your hand.  Right now they are free...t-shirts are $10...and everything else that happens here is priceless.  Just ask RBDuffer. :)

Whew, I thought you were about to give away the secrets of the fez and fire jenga there for a second. You did a good job laying down a smoke screen there though.........

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 07:51:36 PM »
  Whew, I thought you were about to give away the secrets of the fez and fire jenga there for a second. You did a good job laying down a smoke screen there though.........

Lol...thanks Erik. ;)

Sent from Planet Claire
 using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »
Way to steel our thunder... we could have ridden this for a couple more pages.

Celt

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2015, 09:28:49 PM »
Way to steel our thunder... we could have ridden this for a couple more pages.

You know the drill, buy a Taco it comes standard with a wet blanket...

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:58:47 PM by PainRoller »

Celt

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:49 PM »

HAHAHHAHA, Nice! Actually I was referring to our resident X-Sellout Geo-Taco, but there is hope for you yet to learn the mysteries of the Fire Jenga.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 11:29:39 PM »
Hey GeoTaco, thanks for fielding that 'Club' thing for me.  I could not have said it better, let alone spell half those words :-\
Mostly nobody wants to be liable or reponsible.  For anything.  At all.  That's how I got to be BOD, short straw sorta thing.
Carry on :P
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 11:55:08 PM »
Hey GeoTaco, thanks for fielding that 'Club' thing for me.  I could not have said it better, let alone spell half those words :-\
Mostly nobody wants to be liable or reponsible.  For anything.  At all.  That's how I got to be BOD, short straw sorta thing.
Carry on :P

Didn't see me, wasn't there, nobody can prove nuthin, didn't do it.....

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2015, 10:22:29 AM »
Didn't see me, wasn't there, nobody can prove nuthin, didn't do it.....

Celt can be surprisingly "stealthy"  :)

PainRoller

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2015, 10:47:29 AM »
Yes...it is confusing.

Dude, seriously, thanks for this ^^^. 

Celt's cryptic responses regarding fez and fire jenga had me searching google with this result....
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Which made me think this "CLUB" was a little more extreme than I expected..... :o

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2015, 12:02:58 PM »

Or a Dutch Oven... ;D ;) ;D ;)
KD6DCI

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re: Re: The anti-thread jack thread.
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2015, 12:32:25 PM »