Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Labor Day 2018 - Big Bear (Heartbreak Ridge, Pontiac Sluice, Sidewinder)  (Read 6064 times)

zaphos

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2001 Xterra SE 4x4
Re: Labor Day 2018 - Big Bear (Heartbreak Ridge, Pontiac Sluice, Sidewinder)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
Sorry, typo (Fixed), I used the GPS coordinates you gave me (Thanks) to get back on track but I was WAY late. I eventually found 2N01 and 2N02 trialheads so I will have my stuff together in the future. Good thing I checked out 2N02 as my nav had me going via Pioneertown Rd./ Benito Wilson Rd. (closed for some years now but the signs are still up) instead of from Vale.   
Destination unknown but I'm on my way.

KI6EBQ

FrankB

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 09:38:28 PM »
Looks like you had a good time.

Great photos.  I like the drone shots too.

The chrome on that bumper still looks really good.  Is someone polishing it periodically?

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 05:19:02 PM »
Amazing shots Joe.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »
The chrome on that bumper still looks really good.  Is someone polishing it periodically?

I think it's a serious case of "they don't make them like they used to." With all the new restrictions and regulations on coatings and paint, they don't hold up on modern cars like they did on machines built back in the 60s and 70s. We were commenting on how much original paint was still on the vehilce as well. Very surprising.