Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Xcursion Threads - please read  (Read 9410 times)

FrankB

Xcursion Threads - please read
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:27:45 PM »
This whole thing with multiple threads discussing ideas for excursions, and other people thinking these are actual runs, is getting really confusing, so I'm going to make a suggestion.

Let's try to keep the threads in the Xcursions Forum as actual run threads.  If you want to actually set up a run, and ask if anyone wants to join you, this would be the place to do it. If you are going to do that, you should take the lead for researching the route, committing to a specific meet time and spot, and being able to answer other people's questions.  Take a look at earlier threads for an idea of what it would look like, and what types of questions you might expect.  A real simple way to say this would be that if you are not willing / able to lead the run, don't just post something up and hope a leader shows up.

If you just have some ideas, but don't want to actually take the responsibility to set something specific up, maybe it would be better to either start a thread in the General Discussion Forum or tack on to an older one. There you can suggest an idea and ask if anyone wants to go and can either set something up or help you set something up.

Looking at all these recent threads what I see happening is that there are some people here who seem to think that just throwing out an idea constitutes setting up a run, then someone else who might be new comes along and thinks there is actually something set up, but doesn't know any details. Next thing you know everyone is confused, especially the new people, and no one is leading anything.

Please don't anyone take personal offense at this, I'm just trying to help avoid a lot of confusion, especially when I know that there are always new people coming in who may not have taken the time to read all the way through a thread to figure out that it's only a discussion and not an actual run.

If someone does want to set something up, please note that the third weekend of the month is traditionally when "club" runs have been set up. I realize that we've not had a lot of these lately, but there are some ideas in the works, so please keep that in mind when picking dates. If you look back through the years you'll see that runs are not generally posted a long ways in advance, for several reasons. You can always PM any or all of the BOD with questions or suggestions too.

Thanks - Frank B.

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
Re: Xcursion Threads - please read
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
Excellent suggestions Frank.
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:11:05 AM »
If you don't want to read all that text there's a video here -->

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7461483/

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:30:45 AM »
Hey!  That's not Frank!  What have you done with Frank!
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
Love the new hair style Frank.
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

FrankB

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »
Love the new hair style Frank.

Thanks Don. I didn't think that even the industrial strength version of Grecian Formula 14 would work, but I am getting used to the color.

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »
I have to agree with Frank here 'cause I've been guilty of this.  These topics can go in the "general discussion" section until an actual run is set up.  Then at that point, when the leader is committed, the trail researched and laid out, then it can get posted in the "Xcursion" section.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

boomer818

• 4wd Pts: 2
  • Dirty White Knight
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »
Yeah sorry about that that may as well be my fault. I take better care in how i start a thread or a discussion. :-[
If you dont have mud you have nothing.

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 09:10:32 AM »
If you don't want to read all that text there's a video here -->

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7461483/
Oz, That was great. I'm a bit freaked out about the moobs and nipples however. For the new folks out there we should mention that most clothing optional runs DO NOT require a tie.
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 07:36:23 AM »
Oz, That was great. I'm a bit freaked out about the moobs and nipples however. For the new folks out there we should mention that most clothing optional runs DO NOT require a tie.

Just sunblock.

Nice video Oz...btw, that is exactly what Frank sounds like with a mouthful of pie.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:39:07 AM by GhostX »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but what is a moob?
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

chrishaynesusa

• thenewx
  • 4wd Pts: -35
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 04:27:17 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but what is a moob?