Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Desert Shenanegens  (Read 15294 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Desert Shenanegens
« on: September 16, 2017, 09:42:34 PM »
I have been watching the local desert temps everyday. They seem to be down to upper 90's by day and 60's by night. As soon as they get into the low 80's by day I'm thinkin it's time to Partay... It would be good to get a list of trails or areas you guys want to do and get some trail leaders posted up. There is always the same guys here posting runs but it would be nice hearing some new blood rogering up for the task... Mild to full on retard you are going to get folks wanting to attend from this group. No name tags necessary, no huge planning necessary, just post up with a run you would like to do when and where and it should be no problem!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:34:42 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

G.B.H.

• 4wd Pts: -21
    • 08 xterra se
Re: Desert Shenanegens
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
Relatively new guy here. Less than a year. I've been watching the temps as well. Can't wait.
I've been trying to get to one of the meet and greets so I can get to know some of you but my job has been preventing that. I work nights and every other weekend. I miss quite a lot but at the same time it often enables me to head out on the less crowded weekdays. So, if anyone else is like me and has an odd schedule, I will post before I head out during the week, feel free to join me. Truckhaven is at the top of my list this year. Haven't done it. Looks like a fun mild trail with some good exploration opportunities.

George H.
G.B.H.

Celt

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »
Giddy up.............  Up until around January I'm mostly off Saturday thru Monday. I often camp near Truckhaven. This Thursday is the food gathering although I'm not sure where the guys want to have it yet.

FrankB

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 05:27:24 PM »
. . .  This Thursday is the food gathering although I'm not sure where the guys want to have it yet.

Where ever works for you.

occupantX

• 4wd Pts: 65535
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »
- Coral Wash and Grave Wash in Ocotillo Wells OHV park, maybe play in either the Notches or Truckhaven
- 78 to S2 via Oriflamme trail, then past mudcaves and drop into Fish Creek via Diablo Drop Off trail
- camp at Dos Cabezas and follow the railroad track on mountain bikes to Goat Canyon Trestle
The non-club non-member formerly known as sdcaKLR, 'cause you know..bananas

Celt

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »
- Coral Wash and Grave Wash in Ocotillo Wells OHV park, maybe play in either the Notches or Truckhaven
- 78 to S2 via Oriflamme trail, then past mudcaves and drop into Fish Creek via Diablo Drop Off trail
- camp at Dos Cabezas and follow the railroad track on mountain bikes to Goat Canyon Trestle

That's what I'm talkin bout!

FrankB

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 08:03:51 PM »
I'm hoping to set up an "Apple Pie Run" in Anza Borrego again this year. Probably November, just before Thanksgiving.  Not sure where just yet, but most likely something stock friendly, since my current X is stock (more or less).

Some ideas are:  Blair Valley (with hiking); Fish Creek / Sandstone Canyon (where we had them for the first seven or so); Buttes Pass area.

Celt

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 08:37:28 PM »
I'm hoping to set up an "Apple Pie Run" in Anza Borrego again this year. Probably November, just before Thanksgiving.  Not sure where just yet, but most likely something stock friendly, since my current X is stock (more or less).

Some ideas are:  Blair Valley (with hiking); Fish Creek / Sandstone Canyon (where we had them for the first seven or so); Buttes Pass area.

Hopefully I can make one of those Apple Pie runs, they always looked like a lot of fun to me.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 03:00:18 PM »

This is on my bucket list Hennie. I'm in terrible shape and you'd run circles around me on a bike, but I REALLY want to make it to this bridge and photograph it before it's not here anymore. I missed my chance with most of the Eagle Mountain Railroad and I don't want to miss it here.

As long as you're ok with a fat guy huffing and puffing along behind you (and probably slowing you down quite a bit), I'd love to plan something around this. Maybe for December or January, as I'm pretty booked up for October and November already.

beedee

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 03:45:37 PM »
Apple Pie Run sounds fun.

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 08:58:14 AM »
I'm hoping to set up an "Apple Pie Run" in Anza Borrego again this year.

If the run doesn't happen...I'm still down for apple pie.

beedee

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
^ thats what i'm talking about.

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 09:31:27 AM »
If the run doesn't happen...I'm still down for apple pie.

Warm?
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

SCUBA_Dale

• 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 05:53:03 PM »

SCUBA_Dale

• 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »
To get this thread back on track...I would be interested in a day run through Oraflamme Canyon.  I've never done it in that direction before, only S2 to 78.  If you need any help herding cats, let me know.