Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Cerro Gordo And Salt Trams Trip 2017  (Read 40630 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Cerro Gordo And Salt Trams Trip 2017
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 05:03:41 AM »
Booked...Site 8!

Nice, I was thinking about goin into Lone Pine Pizza for some vittles that night so I don't hafta do no cookin. If you have never been to Lone Pine Pizza, well you have never been there.
Isaiah 6:8

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2017, 06:46:53 AM »
I was planning on having a mandatory dinner on Friday night where I will hand out the laminated name tags, communications plans, verify ham radio licenses, and perform vehicle minimum equipment and safety inspections.  Then there will be a two hour briefing to go over the details of every turn and angle in the trail, using PowerPoint combining available still and drone photography.  There will be a time-stamped sign-in and sign-out sheet.   >:D

:o   ::)

NOT!!  This is not one of those trips.  However, if folks are in town by then, pizza and beer sounds like a great idea.   8)

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Celt

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2017, 05:02:11 PM »
I was planning on having a mandatory dinner on Friday night where I will hand out the laminated name tags, communications plans, verify ham radio licenses, and perform vehicle minimum equipment and safety inspections.  Then there will be a two hour briefing to go over the details of every turn and angle in the trail, using PowerPoint combining available still and drone photography.  There will be a time-stamped sign-in and sign-out sheet.   >:D

NOT!!  This is not one of those trips.  However, if folks are in town by then, pizza and beer sounds like a great idea.   8)

LONE PINE PIZZA!!! I'll be your Huckleberry!

mark1107

• 4wd Pts: -6
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2017, 10:16:22 PM »
Old school member. Did this run back in 2005 with the new 2005 off-road Xterra. Had a blast with sccx. When my 6 month old daughter is big enough we plan on joining you guys again.

That quote below is why I ran away from this club, and I'm glad to see it's flushed down the toilet! Have fun guys!

Make sure you hit the bristlecone pine forest and drive down the back side for a gorgeous view of Death Valley.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:56:09 PM by mark1107 »

mark1107

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

mark1107

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2017, 10:49:08 PM »
More pictures for you guys.

mark1107

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2017, 10:54:39 PM »
Last set! Sccx used to be 20-30 rigs strong back in 2004-2008 with camping 6-10 times a year. I miss those days. We had a blast at Moab doing the Golden spike trail with sccx bac in 2006.

Celt

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2017, 04:40:21 AM »

That quote below is why I ran away from this club, and I'm glad to see it's flushed down the toilet! Have fun guys!

I really wanted to make a comment about that as I'm sure others do too. It's better for campfire talk with a cold beer and not mandatory single malt, oh wait dangit I started to go there. I digress, you are absolutely right and I think you would find just about any run we go on these days is very relaxed without much in the way of rules other than having a good attitude!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:43:06 AM by Celt »

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
First of all, thanks for the photos and the tips! Gets me even more pumped about this trip.

Second, I can't agree more with Celt. I've heard many horror stories myself about previous things, and I'm happy that we've become a more laid back group since those times. I can't even remember the last time there was any drama around these parts! Runs tend to be very laid back, and the leaders of each trip are tasked with setting the expectation and limits for each trip. Some are designed for the newbies among us, who are just looking to socialize and get their tires a little dirty. And others (like this one) are designed for seasoned individuals who don't need much in the way of rules or instruction to contribute to a good time for all.

Anyway, great to see you posting up again! Maybe I'll get a chance to meet you and see you around. :D

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2017, 06:20:17 AM »
Two months to go.   ;)
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2017, 07:33:57 AM »
Two months to go.   ;)
HELL TO THE YA
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »
If this was posted earlier, I apologize...any idea what the weather will be for that time of year in the areas that we are going?

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 11:33:20 AM »
I anticipate that the temperature where we will be camping Saturday & Sunday will be high 70s in the day, mid 40s at night.  When we are 10 days out, I will be able to get a better forecast.

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »
I anticipate that the temperature where we will be camping Saturday & Sunday will be high 70s in the day, mid 40s at night.  When we are 10 days out, I will be able to get a better forecast.

LOL, I think I can pull my connections with the Weather Channel 10 days out as well...was just wondering what the temperatures are average for that area.

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »
There are no weather stations on top of those mountains.  The campsite for Saturday is at about 9800 feet above MSL.  Sunday night it is a little lower, around 7900 feet MSL.