Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Ocotillo Wells SEPTEMBER 23-24  (Read 3316 times)

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
Ocotillo Wells SEPTEMBER 23-24
« on: September 12, 2016, 09:37:16 AM »
Hey everyone!

Jon over at SCXF on Facebook(or book of faces as some have called it) is putting together a meet and greet next weekend in Ocotillo Wells.  I am assisting in coordinating the event, being this is my home turf.  I wanted to throw it up here to see if anyone from SCCX might be interested in attending.  Thanks!

Hey everyone! After talking to Jon Nguyen, we wanted to send the plans out for the event. Everything here is 2WD friendly,
-Camping Friday night(23rd) in Ocotillo. People will probably be trickling in all night long. I'm going to try to get there as early as possible, but that will all depend on how long work takes on Friday. The spot I picked has more than enough room if the entire group decided to show up and camp, and it's easily locatable, even with navigation. There are vault toilets near the site, plus flushing toilets and SHOWERS near the entrance of the park. The link for Google Maps will be below.
As far as off roading on Saturday, here are the destinations we want to hit:
-Devil's Slide(a small dune with soft sand so we can play around a little)
-Pumpkin Patch(awesome photo op!)
-4x4 training area(give some folks a chance to test their limits)
-Gas Domes
-Artesian Well
Depending on how much time we have in the day, or how tired everyone is, we might take the long way home and go through Anza Borrego State Park. Great views, amazing canyons, and just an overall great drive. There's a section called Diablo Drop off that might be a little difficult for 2WD to climb due to it being soft sand...you just might have to gun it at the bottom.
A few things to expect...It's most likely going to be hovering around 100 degrees during the day, so make sure you bring plenty of water for you and your rig, just in case. I always bring enough water for 3 days, just in case something major happened.
Looking forward to next weekend!!!!

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: Ocotillo Wells SEPTEMBER 23-24
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »
Dang if Nissfest isn't this weekend.  :-\ I'll be detailing the truck Saturday and I'll be down at the show on Sunday.  O0
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:09:11 AM »
Damn you Nissfest and all of your 280zx and Skyline glory!  My 2nd car was a '83 Datsun 280zx...loved that car....

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 10:21:33 AM »
Bumping this.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit