Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Inland Empire monthly "Eat and Greet" - Next meet-up is TBD  (Read 21177 times)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Updated: Inland Empire monthly "Meet and Greet" - 10/6/16
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2016, 04:43:02 PM »
Sweet! See you there Edwin  :) My wife and son are coming along too. We'll be there about 6:00 pm.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Updated: Inland Empire monthly "Meet and Greet" - 10/6/16
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
A little delayed in updating this thread, but we had a great meet-up this month! Edwin562 + wife and son, PainRoller + FixItGuy, Motorpig77 + kids and myself + wife and son all had a great time.

The parking lot at Sonic proved to be a little less desirable than we'd hoped. There was only one very small seating area, and it was not near where the vehicles had to park. But the Menifee area was a great meeting point based on the locations everyone came from (except for Edwin, of course, but there's not a whole lot we can do to shorten that drive for you buddy. :().

So we need a new meeting spot in the same general area. The thought is to just converge on an open parking lot, like we do for the SD event every month. Just park the rigs in an empty corner somewhere, set up our own chairs, grab food wherever we want, and sit around and socialize for a couple hours. Unless anyone can suggest a better spot for this, I'm going to suggest that we use a piece of the parking lot of the Countryside Marketplace plaza, directly across the street from the Sonic we met at last time. We can set ourselves up in the empty part of the lot between Target and Lowes, but very far away from the storefronts (closer to Haun Road - which will put our rigs out closer to In N Out or Miguel's Jr). My only concern is cars that are zooming through the parking lot all evening, especially for little ones that may be running around. But I think we can find a spot that's far enough off of any main traveled roads within the parking lot.

Any other suggestions by anyone? I'm all ears.  Next meet-up will be Thursday 11/3.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
Re: Inland Empire monthly "Eat and Greet" - Next meet-up 11/3/16
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2016, 12:56:28 PM »
Just recently I had to take care of some work problem down in Lake Elsinore and I came to this spot to eat ( my partner is a huge DQ fan).

33.698748, -117.348057

at the end is an empty lot where its well lit but RVs do park here. Im sure there is enough space for all of us to be happy. Unfortunately I wont be able to attend  November's meet due to landing on my brother's bday. I suggest to try it out or if someone lives in the area to scoop it out and see if its optimized for a meet location.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 10:11:55 AM »
I used to work at that mall,and I grew up like a mile from there.  8)

It would certainly serve the purpose of giving us a quiet parking lot to hang out in, but it's not as "centrally" located, especially for folks coming from the Hemet area (PainRoller/FixItGuy, Motorpig77). There is also not nearly the quantity or quality of eateries around there. I think we should stick with the general Menifee area for now, unless we start to get participation from a bunch of folks in a different city and it makes more sense to move to a different city.

Good suggestion though!

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »
HEY!!!!

Are we doing this thang this Thursday?!?!   >:D

If so, where and when?

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2016, 04:00:05 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll make it this month.  :-\ Getting out of work at a decent enough hour to fight traffic and make it there before 9:00 pm will be challenging. I took last Wednesday and Monday off to travel to my parents house for Thanksgiving, and I'll be taking tomorrow off due to an unexpected death in my wife's family. Plus my boss is in town this week so sneaking away early will be next to impossible.

ghenderson21

• 4wd Pts: 6
    • 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2016, 09:08:46 AM »
Also out. For whatever reason, i've drawn the "you close on Thursday" card at work. Pretty much every Thursday for the last 8 weeks.

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2016, 10:11:56 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll make it this month.  :-\ Getting out of work at a decent enough hour to fight traffic and make it there before 9:00 pm will be challenging. I took last Wednesday and Monday off to travel to my parents house for Thanksgiving, and I'll be taking tomorrow off due to an unexpected death in my wife's family. Plus my boss is in town this week so sneaking away early will be next to impossible.

Sounds like you had fun in AZ.   ;)
Sorry for your family's loss. Please pass our condolences on to your wife.

Also out. For whatever reason, i've drawn the "you close on Thursday" card at work. Pretty much every Thursday for the last 8 weeks.

No worries.....we can re-evaluate next year  ;)

Was hoping to get a day/weekend of off roading in this month.  But it's looking too crazy with our schedule.  So since we probs won't see you guys until next year:
Have a safe and happy Christmas and New Years! 

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Inland Empire monthly "Eat and Greet" - Next meet-up is TBD
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
OP has been updated... I'll be freezing my tail off in Minneapolis on Feb 2nd for work, which would normally be our next gathering. Since Feb 2nd is Groundhog Day, hopefully I can avoid waking up in Minneapolis every day like a bad dream and I'll get to actually come back home on Friday the 3rd as planned. :)

Anyway, there has been an overall lack of participation from the IE crowd on this one. It's nice to see PainRoller and FiG and Motorpig77 and Edwin562, but we were really hoping to get more folks out there each month and meet some new and friendly faces. So for now, maybe until the weather warms back up, we'll go ahead and put this on hold. Maybe in April or May when the days get longer, we can re-launch this and get some interest/attendance from the rest of the IE crowd. Might not be a terrible idea to change the day of the week, and maybe tie it into a short trail run each month...we'll see what we can figure out.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:31:29 PM by JFanaselle »