Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Winter Mojave Rd 2017.  (Read 61889 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Winter Mojave Rd 2017.
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2016, 08:06:24 AM »
The permit has been sent out, hopefully I will only have to jump backwards through two hoops while standing on one leg while juggling two lighted candlesticks to get it approved.
Isaiah 6:8

Celt

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »
I don't know what to say but I received the permit to sign today and were in! This was a whole lot faster than last year's numerous attempts at obtaining the permits. Anyway, one thing I will need to ask of everyone is they bring a copy of their vehicle insurance along with them. The permit has specified that it may be asked for if a ranger wants to check the group. The other interesting form I got is a desert tortoise sighting form that they would like me to fill out should we spot one. I think it's pretty neat they are doing this to help track them and keep studies. Since there is a bunch of sightings, I'm hoping we may see one or two. They want me to give a quick brief of the parks regulations prior to the start which will only take a couple minutes so if you don't feel like listening to me, bring your Walkman along with your favorite cassette tape and turn them on until I'm done. I'm really looking forward to this trip and am already getting ready for it.

Were gonna have a blast!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:12:09 AM by Celt »

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2016, 09:23:20 AM »
That's great news Eric, you must have a good rep. with the Feds O0
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2016, 10:39:49 AM »
That's great news Eric, you must have a good rep. with the Feds O0

Of course he does. They've been following him around in black trucks and helicopters for years!  8)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I don't have walkman ,but I have this
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2016, 11:04:33 PM »
Excellent!! just make sure to bring the ABBA 8-track they never go out of style.

By the way Jayrat is the little man rollin shotgun with you on the trip?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:27:14 AM by Celt »

Celt

« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2016, 03:24:11 AM »
Now that things have gone in my favor such as suspension upgrade and bigger wheels/tires soon, there is a good chance on me getting back on the list. Only thing keeping me back is that this event will take the same time as my bday. I will check with my fam to see if they have anything planned for my bday, if not then I will be glad to be involved. Still be in 2wd but im sure its doable.

Post it up if you can go.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
Excellent!! just make sure to bring the ABBA 8-track they never go out of style.

By the way Jayrat is the little man rollin shotgun with you on the trip?
ABBA makes me think of Road trips through South Dak. as a kid  my Pops had that going on his 8-Track in his white van

Still working on the Little man's Momma
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »
ABBA makes me think of Road trips through South Dak. as a kid  my Pops had that going on his 8-Track in his white van

Still working on the Little man's Momma

Celt

« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2016, 02:19:58 AM »
I got the signed and approved permit today, everything is official! Let the fun begin, can't wait to see you bunch of guys in January for the second annual Winter Mojave Road run!!!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:56:44 AM by Celt »

Celt

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2016, 12:30:44 PM »
Guys, whoever is attending I would like your opinions sooner rather than later on where to stay in Laughlin. I was thinking I can try and get a group rate like before but there are some other options I can explore in the various hotels. I posted up a few weeks ago but didn't get much response. With that I'm assuming either nobody minded where we stay or they didn't see the post? The only reason I'm bringing this up is I want to get us the best deal possible with the best accommodations possible. Since it's the off season, I can likely swing a good deal. So along with that, let me know your thoughts please. Time is getting closer and a trip like this requires a fair bit of work to ensure it goes as smoothly and everyone has a blast.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »
I have already booked a room in the North Tower at Harrah's.  Checking in Sunday night, the 15th.  The rooms were going fast.  They charged $78!  I have until Jan 11th to cancel if you find a better deal.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2016, 08:15:24 PM »
Guys, whoever is attending I would like your opinions sooner rather than later on where to stay in Laughlin. I was thinking I can try and get a group rate like before but there are some other options I can explore in the various hotels. I posted up a few weeks ago but didn't get much response. With that I'm assuming either nobody minded where we stay or they didn't see the post? The only reason I'm bringing this up is I want to get us the best deal possible with the best accommodations possible. Since it's the off season, I can likely swing a good deal. So along with that, let me know your thoughts please. Time is getting closer and a trip like this requires a fair bit of work to ensure it goes as smoothly and everyone has a blast.

I know Lemans, AJ, and myself will want to stay.  Not interested in wheeling all day to swing around and drive 5 more hours...So that would be 2-3 rooms right there.

Celt

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
I tried calling Harrah's today and they gave us $25 per room @ 15% room tax if I lock it in by next week because I guess the rates are going up all over Laughlin as is evidenced below. For anyone new to this trip, the group on the Summer and Winter trip generally stays here but I have other options listed below. Mind you these are group rates and not single. What I need is the massed to commit to one place or the other because I have to set up a contract with the hotel and sign it. Once that's done I'll get the group rate for these prices and you can book your own rooms, but the rates are guaranteed.

In the interim I called The Colorado Belle and Edgewater. They are both the same business but side by side. Free secured parking, restaurant, yadda yadda and it appears to be about the same rating as Harrah's. The Belle is a little older but I've heard people have been satisfied when staying there. What they will do is give us rooms at the Belle for $20 or the Edgewater for $22 w/added sales tax of 12%.

The Aquarius which is a bit more fancy but has lots of different eating options is $44.99 w/12% room tax. They said they can have security do a little extra patrolling on our vehicles. Parking is free but I will need to put in a down deposit for the rooms.

I wanted to see what you guys thought?.... I would like to be able to wrap this up with a decision by say Thursday the 17th so please pass the word along to the guys you know that are attending.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:44:58 AM by Celt »

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »
Harrah's seems to have the best layout for safe parking and closer to the trail head.  I don't need fancy Aquarius. 
My $.02
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO