Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Sony Stereo "bulk purchase"  (Read 16052 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Sony Stereo "bulk purchase"
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 02:48:13 PM »
The Mod Day offer at my place is completely Joe's call, just in case he didn't want a bunch of traffic at his place.  But I want Joe to do what's best for him, cuz he's 'the man'.

Now, about me!  You guys are scaring the crap outta me.  If this is not the simple swap, forget about it.
 But, my radio does not say 'Rockford Fosgate' anywhere on it.  It does not have bluetooth and my steering wheel doesn't even know that I have a radio.  Please don't ask me to send a photo cuz....F*** technology.  Thanks Guys.

I'm with you on technology Duffman, Mrs. Celt is always making fun of me because I resist it so much. I've been working on the boys Jeep I bought him lately and that technology seems so much better than what we have today. If we do a mod day, unless it's a Mo, Tu, Wed I would be out so hopefully someone can figure out how they get installed and can pass the info along to me. I will of course pay them for their knowledge in good beer and/or food.
Isaiah 6:8

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »
I'm with you on technology Duffman, Mrs. Celt is always making fun of me because I resist it so much. I've been working on the boys Jeep I bought him lately and that technology seems so much better than what we have today.

thats cause you guys are old...
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Celt

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
thats cause you guys are old...

Hey in car years I would be considered a classic...

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 07:36:34 PM »
That's the easy one. ;D Kind of strange that you don't have the Rockford Fosgate unit. I thought it came standard in all "Off Road" units, but it must have been an option?

You're back in the game for a simple swap my friend. Your total for the radio, dash kit and wiring harness is $127.24.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 10:23:42 PM »
As far as doing a mod day - I certainly wouldn't mind, but let's see where we end up on the participants. As of now, I've already made arrangements with Alex to install his at my house one evening next week. Celt wouldn't be able to attend the mod day anyway because of his effed-up work schedule right now, so we'll figure something else out for him. Not sure what Toro and 0317 would want to do, but Toro is very capable of installing his own if he wants, and I'm not even sure if 0317 is still interested in this.

We're going to need a mod day very soon anyway, because Jayrat will have a bunch of fancy new suspension parts to install, and so will I. :) My only concern is, I can't spend all day installing radios AND still have enough time to install my suspension, so it's probably a good idea to get as many of these done outside of a mod day as possible.

• 4wd Pts: 44
  • Education through Pain
    • 04 SAS XTERRA
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 01:04:04 AM »
I'm interested in the same package as Alex. I can probably make the same day that you are installing his.
It's better to sweat in peace than bleed in war. Death touches all men.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 06:36:50 AM »
Ok cool, OP has been udpated.

There's one more "spot" to get in on this if anyone else is interested. If no one fills up that last order by the end of today (Thursday), we'll end this at 5 radios instead of 6. I want to get the order placed ASAP so we don't hold up any of the installations.

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »
Whoooo Hoooooooo!  I'm in 8)  Screw the sixth guy, let's get this ordered, now that I'm in ;D

Thanks again for the extra effort boys. :-*
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 11:38:42 AM »
As far as doing a mod day - I certainly wouldn't mind, but let's see where we end up on the participants. As of now, I've already made arrangements with Alex to install his at my house one evening next week. Celt wouldn't be able to attend the mod day anyway because of his effed-up work schedule right now, so we'll figure something else out for him. Not sure what Toro and 0317 would want to do, but Toro is very capable of installing his own if he wants, and I'm not even sure if 0317 is still interested in this.

We're going to need a mod day very soon anyway, because Jayrat will have a bunch of fancy new suspension parts to install, and so will I. :) My only concern is, I can't spend all day installing radios AND still have enough time to install my suspension, so it's probably a good idea to get as many of these done outside of a mod day as possible.

I can always meet up with you any evening on a Mo/Tu/Wed. If you wanted to come over to my place after work I can throw a tri-tip on the smoker....

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »
We'll work something out buddy, no worries. And yes, I do love food! :)

Let me get the stuff in my hands first and I'll hit you up. Once I wire up the harness already, I should be able to install yours in like 10 mins, as long as we don't run into any weird issues.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 12:14:43 PM »
Well, a few radios have arrived. :) I am still waiting on the dash kits and wiring harnesses for everyone's rigs.

We did install 0317's radio this morning, because he was replacing an older aftermarket radio and already had a dash kit and wiring harness that we reused. The install went pretty easy, and the radio is working great. I'll let him post his own review after he's used it for a bit.

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 12:52:21 PM »
That was quick!  You don't mess around.  I'm in no hurry, so I will take last dibs.
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »
Well, with no one else chiming in that they want a radio, I'm officially "closing" this bulk purchase. I have received the radios I ordered for 0317, Alex, Celt and RBDuffer.

0317's has already been installed, as he already had an aftermarket radio so we were able to reuse the dash kit and wiring harness.

Alex - I'm still waiting for your dash kit and wiring harness to arrive. I thought it would be here today, so I'm guessing it will be here tomorrow. Once it arrives, I'll text you and we can set something up for an evening later this week or sometime over the weekend.

Celt - your dash kit and wiring harness arrived today, and I wired up the harness for you. I'll shoot you a text, and we can make arrangements to get it installed.

RBDuffer - your dash kit and wiring harness also arrived today, and I wired up the harness for you. I'll shoot you a text as well, and we can make arrangements for installation. I understand you're not in a hurry, so maybe we'll just hold off until my Radflos show up (and Jayrat's, too!) and we can make a mod day out of it. :)