Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Old newbie here back again!  (Read 5185 times)

fiercextreme

• 4wd Pts: -10
    • 2015 xTERRA OVERLANDER MODEL!
Old newbie here back again!
« on: May 20, 2015, 09:28:33 PM »
Had a 2004 Canteen Green Xterra did a few club runs. Had to sell it a few years later due to personal issues. I vowed to get another X and stumbled upon a deal of a lifetime. Picked up a new 2015 Xterra and here I am again! Yay!! I guess once u go X your blood is forever tainted! Lol! Interested in picking up where I left off! More than likely I will be a solo driver due to my fiance having motion sickness, yea go figure, but wouldnt rule out bringing some old friends for a ride! Gonna be getting a lift soon, so any and all suggestions are very welcome! Yes starting from scratch so its good and bad maybe do things a lil different this time! Also have to see what is available as far as lift kits and what not! I know many of u have pursued this endeavor at one point in ur X careers so all the more info the better! I appreciate your time reading this and look forward to starting this new hobby again! Hey dont be shy and hola at me, looking to meet many new friends! Remember X member for life!
                                                                                                                                                                          Garett
WARNING: P&P crossing a-head

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »
Welcome back from Pasadena. How nuts do you intend to go with your X?

fiercextreme

Re: Old newbie here back again!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 04:32:19 AM »
Well Not sure yet but I planned to do lift, tires, rear bumper and safari basket asap. That will hold me for a while. Need to find more info on newer lighting options.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 08:59:42 AM »
Welcome from Murrieta. Sounds like you have a pretty nice rig there and have some decent plans for it.

As far as newer lighting - when it comes to forward facing lighting, there are two companies that make "devil horn" style mounts for LED light bars for our rigs,  Offroad Gorilla and Insain Fabrication. I personally have the OG ones and they're pretty awesome. Very simple design that attaches to the existing front bolt holes for your factory roof rack.

Once mounted up, these allow you to use any number of 40" LED light bars available, from the $250 china ones (which is what I have) all the way up to the $800 Ridgid Industries ones. There are a few versions of the mounts available from each manufacturer (for straight light bars, curved light bars, etc). It sits very low profile once mounted up, and gives off a TON of light!

Here's what mine looks like mounted up:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/12-2.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/09-2.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/Mojave%20Preserve%2005-17-15/15.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee234/jfanaselle/10-2.jpg

fiercextreme

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »
Thanks much JFanaselle! U got me pointed in the right direction! I did see some lights I might be interested in! Its just all about priorities and budget!

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:36 PM »
Welcome fierce, take your time and you will find the right stuff for good prices.  Learning and shopping is half the fun!
Our rigs do pretty darn well stock, so just get out there ;)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

fiercextreme

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 01:31:05 AM »
U know RBduffer! U are right! I remember the first time I took my 04 out bone stock and scaled that steep  hill climb at the beginning of Hungry Valley! Thats when I became a believer! I didnt even have the meaty off-road tires!

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »
Welcome back, from the High Desert!
WE6DGR

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 08:34:28 PM »
Welcome back Garett.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:36:22 PM by Soylent Yellow »
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 10:42:50 PM »
Welcome from Anaheim!  ;D

I purchased this 40" Curved CREE LightBar from AMAZON

And I got the Insain Fab Mounting Brackets.  They had to be modified to work correctly (original design creates crazy vibration). I'm still in the process of fixing these brackets

If JFanaselle has had good luck with the OffRoad Gorilla Brackets, I'd recommend going with them and avoiding the IF headache.....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:50:54 PM by PainRoller »