Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Mod Day - Duff's Landing - Saturday, May 9th 2015  (Read 28949 times)

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
Re: Mod Day - Duff's Landing - Saturday, May 9th 2015
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2015, 09:18:32 AM »
But Mr. Hand, if you are here and I'm here isn't that our time?

Nothing like a little pizza on our time....

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2015, 07:23:16 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Had a blast, good to see everyone again
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »
Wish I could have joined you guys there today, hope it all went well!
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2015, 05:16:01 AM »
I can't thank the crew of usual suspects enough...Daphne and I had a great time (not sure about the ear bud teenage son  :D )

Randy and Nilda were consummate (that means perfect Randy) hosts, providing driveway space, laughs, and delicious food the likes of which are reserved for a banquet and a crown...really great food Nilda, THANK YOU!

And to the collective group...THANK YOU...I couldn't have hefted those leaf springs, found "that" wrench, borrowed those jack stands, installed "that" brake line, or had so many heartfelt laughs without your support.

Another great non-club club outing!

:) :) :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »
I just want to say a big thank you to the Randy and Nilda for hosting the mod day with all of us there, Steve for letting me borrow his jack and jackstand, and Chris for the tools! Overall it was a great time talking with everyone!
And just to be sure, I'll be rechecking the torque on my U-bolts before this weekend.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2015, 07:06:27 PM »
Hey guys, great fun! 
No tools lost,
new friends found
and my back and liver are still intact :D
These mod days are the best example of community power and I love it.  Thanks guys
I made every effort to do nothing and still didn't get to an ice-cream sammich :'(
We will have to do it again soon.
Duffman
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

xxSVxx

• 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2015, 09:16:57 AM »
Hey guys, great fun! 
No tools lost,
new friends found
and my back and liver are still intact :D
These mod days are the best example of community power and I love it.  Thanks guys
I made every effort to do nothing and still didn't get to an ice-cream sammich :'(
We will have to do it again soon.
Duffman

Duffman, I cannot thank you enough....another superb Mod Day and we managed to not lose anything in the process!

Please let Nilda know that her shanghai's were amazing as always, and the conversation was epic as well...

A seriously great group of guys and happy to be a part of it!!!

-Christiaan

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2015, 09:41:55 PM »
Jonathan and I had a great time and were thankful for the great company.  Randy and Nilda, You guys are awesome for opening up your home to all of us! Can't wait to see everyone again! :)

Celt

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2015, 06:10:00 AM »
Duffman, I cannot thank you enough....another superb Mod Day and we managed to not lose anything in the process!

Please let Nilda know that her shanghai's were amazing as always, and the conversation was epic as well...

A seriously great group of guys and happy to be a part of it!!!

-Christiaan

You still having those starting issues?

xxSVxx

• 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2015, 09:35:54 AM »
  You still having those starting issues?

Hey Erik,

Thanks for asking and you were missed on Saturday! 

The sluggish thing is gone...pretty sure that was all about the uber clogged (read: blocked) Volant filter......

But....she still takes a few turns of the starter to turn over.  Nothing as bad as it was, and what I think I'm going to do is wait a month or so and get a new Optima Yellow Top or comparable battery, all new connections, new connectors, etc., and take an afternoon to re-install the new battery w/ new connections and new connectors for a fresh, new set-up. 

All in all, she's running like a champ again, and after installing the shrock plates from GHOSTX, she's ready for many more adventures...

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2015, 11:00:12 AM »
That sounds like a good plan, Christiaan. 

You may want to speak with Jordan or Clint as they have some pretty heavy duty batteries in their rigs.  I believe they used a marine grade battery with lots of cranking amps. 

That's the route i would of gone if my stock battery didn't die when I needed to get to work!
I will eventually go that route. 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re:
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2015, 07:26:56 PM »
I wouldn't get an optima, quality and reliability has really gone down since they first came out.  Clint and I both have diehard platinums, his is the stock size I believe while mine is a 31m.  The stock size diehard plat is a nice upgrade, the 31m is almost twice the capacity and cranking amps in a package that fits in the stock battery tray with only a short extension needed on the positive lead, the factory negative and hold down work just fine.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
Re:
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2015, 08:22:23 PM »
I run a diehard platinum in my beast. It preforms great. When I had a huge amp and two 12s with all my lights it never had issues. And the warranty is great.

Celt

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2015, 11:18:06 PM »
Hey Erik,

Thanks for asking and you were missed on Saturday! 

The sluggish thing is gone...pretty sure that was all about the uber clogged (read: blocked) Volant filter......

But....she still takes a few turns of the starter to turn over.  Nothing as bad as it was, and what I think I'm going to do is wait a month or so and get a new Optima Yellow Top or comparable battery, all new connections, new connectors, etc., and take an afternoon to re-install the new battery w/ new connections and new connectors for a fresh, new set-up. 

All in all, she's running like a champ again, and after installing the shrock plates from GHOSTX, she's ready for many more adventures...

Awesome! Great to hear the good news. As to batteries, I'm currently running an Optima Red Top and it's performed very well for me. However, due to negligence by my part, I have worn a small crack in the corner and it's leaking. I have to have it replaced tomorrow. The service tech at ORW suggested the Interstate AGM. It's a deep cell, a little more expensive than the Optima's but from what I'm seeing very reliable and made for heavy off road applications. From what I'm hearing the Optima's are also using recycled battery lead and the Interstate's are not which may reflect some of the comments posted by Knightrider.

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
Re:
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2015, 11:35:10 AM »
So who took the pic of my rig on top of the neighbors drive? I'm curious to see how the X looks from that angle lol