Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Bradshaw Trail - Feb 28th-Mar 1st **Completed**  (Read 111394 times)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Bradshaw Trail - Feb 28th-Mar 1st **Updated 2/26/15**
« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2015, 09:26:22 PM »
Had a great time Thank you all,
Hope everyone Is Ok ??
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
« Reply #466 on: March 01, 2015, 10:12:04 PM »
Had a great time out there!!! Thanks again to John  for organizing this run and I'm very happy to know you and your family made it home safely!!!

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »
We had a great time everyone. We are really bummed we didn't stay the night. The campfire looked fantastic and the food seemed unbelievable.
   Thanks John for putting this together and getting the t-shirts done. They are awesome.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2015, 11:46:32 PM »
I also want to say thanks to John for putting this together, and thanks to everyone for making it such an awesome journey! This was by far the best weekend I've had in years. ;D

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2015, 04:40:05 AM »
Everyone is welcome...and it was a great group effort.

Suffice to say, a crazy "senior" driver in a Lexus narrowly completed a double pass of Jordan and us on a double yellow line/blind curve into oncoming traffic...we were traveling at 50 mph...we didn't see him until he ducked in front of us missing oncoming traffic (three cars) and my front fender by literally 6 inches. 

Adrenaline surge, concern for family and friends for sure. 

Best part (heavy irony...)...when we rolled up next to him a the next signal (yeah, risking six lives to make that next red light...douche bag), as I mad dogged him, the guy actually had the audacity to move his sun visor over to the drivers side window. 

Then he sped off, raced through a yellow light...and hopefully didn't kill anyone else last night.

License plate:  5RPL159

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #470 on: March 02, 2015, 06:33:02 AM »
Racing through the desert, being startled by low flying F-18's camping before an oncoming storm and driving on the pavement is still the most dangerous...

Glad you're ok.

Did the weather hold up for you guys overnight? It didn't rain north of Blythe until Sunday.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:44:48 AM by GreenGoon »
WE6DGR

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
« Reply #471 on: March 02, 2015, 07:34:58 AM »
License plate:  5RPL159

That's a very very important piece of information right there... Just in case any of us randomly happen to see this vehicle ever again!!! ;)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:15:28 PM by Motorpig77 »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Bradshaw Trail - Feb 28th-Mar 1st **Updated 2/26/15**
« Reply #472 on: March 02, 2015, 07:49:14 AM »
Did the weather hold up for you guys overnight? It didn't rain north of Blythe until Sunday.

Weather held until 8am...light rain through breakfast, then steady rain from camp break to air up.

Kept the dust down. ;)

F-18 fly by is standard on SCCX runs,  just before the coin flip. :)

License plate:  5RPL159

That's a very very important piece of information right there... Just in case any of us randomly happen to see this vehicle every again!!! ;)

Bingo. ;)

Sent from Planet Claire
 using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #473 on: March 02, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »
I also would like to thank Ghostx for his unparalleled cat herding and culinary skills.

Thanks John to you and Daphne for a great weekend.   Need to do this again soon.   ;D
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #474 on: March 02, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »
I was really hoping for stories of soggy food, flash floods and bitter attitudes.  You guys suck for having such a good time without me. 
Come on, flat tire, paint scratch, expired mayonnaise, something!  Through me a bone.
Oh well, I uncharacteristically did the SMART thing for my back, and not the FUN thing.  I won't let that happen again!
Glad y'all had a great time, as usual, and made it home safe.  See ya in Mohave ;)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Bradshaw Trail - Feb 28th-Mar 1st **Completed**
« Reply #475 on: March 02, 2015, 02:26:19 PM »
Daphne and I both appreciate the kudos...but I can't emphasize enough that a great event is the sum of it's parts.

There were group contributions on food, firewood, set up/tear downs, but especially cool attitudes by the group as a whole.  I apologize for the rush to Wiley Well (Joe especially...he prolly thought we were trying to lose him...), but after two days of great food, a man needs to conduct business. (there you go Randy...deuce scrambling forum fodder  :D :D)

We also had a wonderful time seeing familiar faces, and meeting new peeps as well.  Also, experiencing some truly spectacular desert landscapes, night time skies, and enjoying some rare rain storm activity on the trail.

Thanks to everyone who made this another memorable SCCX experience.   :) :) :)
KD6DCI

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
Re: Bradshaw Trail - Feb 28th-Mar 1st **Completed**
« Reply #476 on: March 06, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »
so, a funny story about my early departure

well, it was easy enough to find the power line road once i left camp....hooked a right and was on my way

since i had nobody in front/behind me, i was unsure as to what my pace should be...

so, i set out at about 30....maybe 35....had to brake for a dip or two...

then the moment when I realized why i should still wheel with others...

i was wiping dust off my radio so i could see it and wasn't paying 100% attention to the dirt road...

i hit a decent size woop....got so high my heart sank and I saw my cooler floating in the rear view mirror

came down incredibly hard....BAM!

coasted for a second...then gradually got back on the gas....killed all noise (radio/windows) to listen for possible damage...waiting for the inevitable CLANK CLANK CLANK....except, nothing

Dodged a major bullet there...

oh, and i kept going straight...even after the power lines merged with the big 5story tall towers...

saw the 10 and knew i was close....except, there was a locked gate at the end of the path with fence going what seemed like miles in both directions

after a closer inspection of the gate, i noticed that you can unravel a strand of the barbwire and release the gate without unlocking anything or plowing through it....WINNING!!!

All in all...a great experience and fun weekend!!