Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Mojave Road 04.17 - 04.19.2015  (Read 80008 times)

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
Re: Mojave Road 04.17 - 04.19.2015
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2015, 10:24:10 AM »
You did awesome Danny! It was a pleasure to be a part of the group and share in the memories!!!  Looking forward to next year!!!

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2015, 02:49:39 PM »
As always, I had an amazing weekend and I already can't wait for next year!!

A few thoughts:

-I really like how well the food thing played out.  In the future, I hope we can delegate some other things like utencils/plates/etc to make sure we have enough for the group

-3 days was such a great idea.  Gave us the time to explore and check out new stuff....such as, the new campsite for night 1 (phallus rock? is that a real name or do we have one?)

-We really got both extremes in terms of weather this time around....Fri night at 5500 ft was downright COLD....and Sunday afternoon, while checking out the mine, mid 90's was....mildly oppressive

-Bummed I missed out on the Zzyzx trip, but I was cooked and ready for the long drive home

I have to say; I love how SCCX does it.  We had plenty of people from different walks of life....we had a Jeeper who stumbled upon us at Ft. Paiute, who ended up following us around the rest of the weekend....a guy who signed up on the site a day earlier and snuck onto the list at the last moment...but, we all hung out and came together like we've known each other forever.  The signs of a very strong group.

Shout-outs:

-FIRE JENGA

-THAT DAMN CAMPING SPOT UP THE HILL FROM US ON THE 1ST NIGHT.  IT WILL BE OURS.  OH, YES, IT WILL BE

-RANDY.  OH MY LORD.  ALL TIME FIRESIDE CHAT SATURDAY NIGHT.  I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BLACKOUT FROM LAUGHING TOO HARD.  HOLY CRAP.

-GREAT FOOD CONTRIBUTIONS ALL AROUND....DANNY FOR THE CARNE-ASADA AND THOSE SHORT RIBS...AKA MEAT-KNUCKLES.....SOOO GOOD!!!  AND THEN THE PB PANCAKES....AND EGG & SAUSAGE ALA DUFFMAN BREAKFASTS.....DELISH!!!  PLUS THE YUMMY STEW AND PASTA SATURDAY NIGHT...I THINK I GAINED WEIGHT OVER THE WEEKEND!!!

Thanks to everyone who came out...I had a great time and made some new friends for sure!!

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re: Re: Mojave Road 04.17 - 04.19.2015
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
(phallus rock? is that a real name or do we have one?)

.....yes........

http://www.mojave-road.com/camping/camp-phallus.htm

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2015, 04:22:16 PM »
I'd go just for all the food y'all brought! Sounds like a fantastic time.
Have another trip doable in 2WD sometime so I can tag along, yeah? Anza Borrego/Ocotillo, or Big Bear? ;D