Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Kern Camping Trip 08/15  (Read 19252 times)

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
Re: Kern Camping Trip 08/15
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
WHAT??????    That's not cool  ::)
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
Re: Re: Kern Camping Trip 08/15
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:06 AM »
I too had a great time. 
   After waking up to a flat tire on Sunday, I was clean out of tires for the 1 hour off road exit from our camp spot.
    I want to thank Mark and Nia for hanging back with me and making sure I got out okay.
     I am, however, a little disappointed that everyone bailed early Sunday.
   We need to look out for each other guys.

That is a major disappointment.  Sorry to hear you got left behind, Danny.  Wouldn't happen on my watch.

mark1107

• 4wd Pts: -6
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2014, 10:34:18 PM »
That is a major disappointment.  Sorry to hear you got left behind, Danny.  Wouldn't happen on my watch.

The police officer in our group had kids with him and had to work Sunday night, so he is exempt from my opinions ( he is a class act.) 

The rest of y'all were pretty selfish after Danny thanklessly lead everyone all weekend and did countless hours of work for the group and all of you (except the father/ public servant who has greater responsibilities) could have waited on Danny. I really don't think 1. One whole freakin hour was too much to ask after Danny did so much for so many of us this past weekend. But I guess everyone had too much to do and this was your way of saying thanks. (I won't even start on everyone who Danny has worked on your rigs and you buy him a 12 pack? Wtf? How about some cold hard cash? Ohhh I forgot this is the "All about me" Paris Hilton 4wheel club.

jus saying.

Mark & Nia

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2014, 09:13:56 AM »
The police officer in our group had kids with him and had to work Sunday night, so he is exempt from my opinions ( he is a class act.)  

The rest of y'all were pretty selfish after Danny thanklessly lead everyone all weekend and did countless hours of work for the group and all of you (except the father/ public servant who has greater responsibilities) could have waited on Danny. I really don't think 1. One whole freakin hour was too much to ask after Danny did so much for so many of us this past weekend. But I guess everyone had too much to do and this was your way of saying thanks. (I won't even start on everyone who Danny has worked on your rigs and you buy him a 12 pack? Wtf? How about some cold hard cash? Ohhh I forgot this is the "All about me" Paris Hilton 4wheel club.

jus saying.

Mark & Nia

All right Mark, that's enough.

You're trying to make it sound like we all just said F**k you, we're out!  Deal with it.

That's not how it happened at all.  
We all broke camp, assisted Danny with his tire change, asked if anyone else needed help and said our goodbyes with handshakes and fist bumps.

If yourself or Danny were offended that we decided to leave earlier than you, it would of been constructive and welcomed for someone to have said something.  It was my intention to leave with Clint as he needed to get out of there early.  The other two just happened to be ready at the same time.  

However, I and by association the rest of the group experienced instant off road karma when we spent the better part of an hour dealing with my loose U bolts and shifted rear axle.  

I have copped to my mistake directly to Danny off line.  

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/538/2ELHPu.png
Kern Camping Trip 08/15

If you are truly upset and offended that I decided to leave for home earlier than yourself and Danny, I am sorry.  It was selfish to not consider the rest of the groups schedules.  

In fairness though, I would ask you to look at how you handled the Sherman pass side trip you spearheaded.  You left two relatively new off roaders, both with open diffs at the trailhead back to camp.  If I was the passive aggressive type, I would come up with some sort of snarky message to post on a public forum.

The point is, group trips often have issues.  That is just the nature of getting relative strangers together.  In my opinion, if you do not express your thoughts and feelings on a topic or decision at the time they are occurring, you don't really have the right to be offended later.  

I had an absolutely wonderful time on this trip as I'm fairly confident everyone did.  I can't count the number of times everyone said thanks to each other and especially thanks to Danny for leading and organizing.  

And Mark, thanks for the ice cream.  I haven't eaten that many root beer float bars and drumsticks in the past five years.  (and coffee and lunch!)

See you guys on the next one.  

ETA: I don't know if the whole "Paris Hilton" comment was directed towards me, just people under 40 or SCCX as a whole, but I honestly don't think that's fair to say. 
To base an entire weekends actions off of one incident that could of been avoided as I mentioned earlier is generalizing.  Everyone was more than willing to help to the best of their capacity. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:45:45 AM by steve c »
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
Hey guys, I appreciate the passion but I don't want to put a bad spin on this past weekend. We had a lot of fun and explored new spectacular places. Some of you pushed your rigs harder than you've ever.
    We got a good idea of how much rock crawling a bone stock rig can do.
    We also had a pair of rigs, legitimately,  use their locker for the first time.
   Let's not argue about what happen and just move on.
   Thank you to those that shot me a message. I understand nothing was done maliciously and I am still cool with everyone....so everyone else needs to be couple of Fonzies.
    I want to put a Big Bear trip together soon and I hope you all join and have some fun.

mark1107

« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »
First of all I'm not a coward. I was simply disappointed too and expressed that.

I enjoyed hanging with everyone.

It's time to move on. I'll see everyone at the next run.

Steve I apologize if you felt pushed into a run you didn't feel comfortable doing. We should have had an open discussion of having two groups do different things so everyone was cool. It was a difficult run for open diff trucks.

Lastly I've been a member of Sccx since 2005 and I just felt like we as a group could have done more for Danny since he does so much for us as a club.

Mark
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:16:31 PM by mark1107 »

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2014, 06:37:27 PM »
Water under the bridge for me.

I'm sorry and I will be more courteous to others on trips in the future.

Mark, I hope I get to go on runs with you in the future.  I had a great time hanging with you and Mia. 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

• 4wd Pts: 44
  • Education through Pain
    • 04 SAS XTERRA
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2014, 07:24:39 PM »
Drama Drama Drama.... I didn't know SCCX was a High School.
It's better to sweat in peace than bleed in war. Death touches all men.

mark1107

« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »
Water under the bridge for me.

I'm sorry and I will be more courteous to others on trips in the future.

Mark, I hope I get to go on runs with you in the future.  I had a great time hanging with you and Mia. 

Steve I had fun with you guys too. Nia and I are looking forward to the next run with EVERYONE.

More ice cream to be shared.

Mark and Nia