Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 2wd friendly trail trips  (Read 9667 times)

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: 2wd friendly trail trips
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 10:35:09 AM »
Hot off the press!  A new 2wd friendly post is up :)

http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=3729.0;topicseen

Be there or be square 8)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 08:53:29 PM »
Will definitely check it out.
Hot off the press!  A new 2wd friendly post is up :)

http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=3729.0;topicseen

Be there or be square 8)

thanks all for the input. But Im still not very convinced that my X is ready for offroading. Reason being is that Im COMPLETELY STOCK!!!. besides the PX4 front coils & rear shocks. Still running P tires and I feel pretty embarrassing that im trying knowingly that I have no offroad related mods to my X. Maybe im just getting ahead of myself too fast without really knowing that my X is ready.  Now that im really getting to know my X, seems that i have the (i believe C200 rear axle) which im sure doesn't have the locker.... but yeah had to get that off my chest ..

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 09:07:00 PM »
Don't be embarrassed, the important thing is that you get out and use it. You'd be surprised at what your 2wd X could do.  I think Rick was planning on hitting Rower Flats again for the next High Desert meet up. That might be a good start for you.
WE6DGR

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 06:19:20 AM »
A bone stock 2WD rig can make the trip up Cleghorn no problem. As I described it before, Cleghorn is basically a dirt fire road with no requirement for mods of any kind, and several more difficult trails that run beside it. It's a great run for a group with varying capabilities and skill levels. I would highly suggest that you try and attend this run. It's an awesome opportunity to get out there and see what your rig can do in a group situation where you'll have help and advice from others about what to try and not try, and some techniques and tips that will help you. Trust me when I say that simply adding a bunch of mods to your vehicle doesn't make you more ready for this. You need to hit some easy trails early and learn. :)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 07:01:17 AM »
....the important thing is that you get out and use it.

Words of wisdom there.

We ALL started where you are, and they don't call them "stock friendly" for no reason.

Get outside...have fun...take pictures...and get dusty!!
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 07:01:29 AM »
....the important thing is that you get out and use it.

Words of wisdom there.

We ALL started where you are, and they don't call them "stock friendly" for no reason.

Get outside...have fun...take pictures...and get dusty!!
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.