Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: **The >APRIL< Mojave Road 2016 Food Thread**  (Read 33837 times)

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
Re: **The >APRIL< Mojave Road 2016 Food Thread**
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 04:46:24 AM »
Alright guys, I've been neglecting my Forum life for a while now, but I want to make sure I'm contributing to this glorious food schedule since I plan on eating a lot out there! :)  If anyone needs help (Toro with $$$ for Carne Asada) or if there is a special request, let me know and I'll make sure it's ready to go for the trip!

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »
Alright guys, I've been neglecting my Forum life for a while now, but I want to make sure I'm contributing to this glorious food schedule since I plan on eating a lot out there! :)  If anyone needs help (Toro with $$$ for Carne Asada) or if there is a special request, let me know and I'll make sure it's ready to go for the trip!

Bring some Haggis
Isaiah 6:8

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »
mmmm...corn beef and cabbage!!!! :)  I don't know if I'll be able to get any Haggus in the US!

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
had to look up haggus, no thanks lol
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Celt

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 12:37:23 AM »
mmmm...corn beef and cabbage!!!! :)  I don't know if I'll be able to get any Haggus in the US!

Hmmmmm, now that corned beef and cabbage might not be a bad idea to make up in the dutch oven?

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 08:09:30 AM »
Hmmmmm, now that corned beef and cabbage might not be a bad idea to make up in the dutch oven?

Celt you flyin' solo on this trip?  Add the beer I can't imagine anybody wanting to share a tent. :o
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Celt

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 10:09:12 AM »
Celt you flyin' solo on this trip?  Add the beer I can't imagine anybody wanting to share a tent. :o

Helps to keep the bugs away....

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2016, 12:26:04 PM »
Christaan, the 3lbs you have me down will be for carne asada going towards Toro's cooking Friday night.  I'd also be willing to contribute to anything else, if someone else lets me know what I can get. 
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 02:03:22 PM »
Thanks for keeping this all under control Christiaan. It's not an easy task to coordinate multiple mass-feedings of so many hungry people, and I commend your efforts. :)

My only update is that there will be plenty of bacon for two breakfasts, so we should update Sunday morning to include breakfast as well. I know traditionally, we haven't done a group breakfast on the final morning but I'll be honest when I say that never made  much sense to me. Breakfast is just as important on Sunday morning as it is Saturday morning, and all of the cooking equipment will still be set up from the night before.

Celt

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2016, 02:13:18 PM »
Thanks for keeping this all under control Christiaan. It's not an easy task to coordinate multiple mass-feedings of so many hungry people, and I commend your efforts. :)

My only update is that there will be plenty of bacon for two breakfasts, so we should update Sunday morning to include breakfast as well. I know traditionally, we haven't done a group breakfast on the final morning but I'll be honest when I say that never made  much sense to me. Breakfast is just as important on Sunday morning as it is Saturday morning, and all of the cooking equipment will still be set up from the night before.

Joe, while I think it's a lot of fun to feed the masses on the last morning it becomes a little difficult for those doing the work. They are generally the first ones up preparing breakfast. After everyone's eats they are the ones cleaning then have to pack up their camp. While some kick in to help there is still a portion of folks that just go pack their camp then hang out and wait until everyone is ready to leave. The last morning folks are pretty tired by the end of the trip and I think it's a lot of stress placed on them to cook and clean. It's a lot of fun to cook for folks and volunteering at home to do it is great but when you are out there it becomes work and can be a lot of it. If I can throw my .02 in the last morning should be fend for yourselves or get together with a buddy and work out your own meal schedule.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 12:22:54 AM »
Well in that case, we'll only need one large pack of bacon. PainRoller - do you just want to split the cost of a single pack with me then? I'll wait until the Saturday night meal is decided upon and offer to chip in something for that night as well, since half a pack of bacon isn't much of a contribution.  :-\

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »
Joe, while I think it's a lot of fun to feed the masses on the last morning it becomes a little difficult for those doing the work. They are generally the first ones up preparing breakfast. After everyone's eats they are the ones cleaning then have to pack up their camp. While some kick in to help there is still a portion of folks that just go pack their camp then hang out and wait until everyone is ready to leave. The last morning folks are pretty tired by the end of the trip and I think it's a lot of stress placed on them to cook and clean. It's a lot of fun to cook for folks and volunteering at home to do it is great but when you are out there it becomes work and can be a lot of it. If I can throw my .02 in the last morning should be fend for yourselves or get together with a buddy and work out your own meal schedule.

Well, let me confer with the powers that be about this before we consider it done.  We might just instill a mandatory 'hey, kick back and have breakfast and then help us clean it up so we're not alone in packing up our crap' issue.  Who knows.  People never cease to surprise me.

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2016, 09:23:28 AM »
Ok

So, it will be on your own breakfast for Sunday morning and the OP will be updated accordingly!!

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 10:27:59 AM »
How can I contribute, guys?!
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Celt

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »
How can I contribute, guys?!

You can put my beer into your fridge? I don't know about the rest of the guys but that would be a very nice gesture/contribution!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:14:13 AM by Celt »