Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Question about the Mojave Rd.  (Read 3387 times)

SurferX

• 4wd Pts: 2
Question about the Mojave Rd.
« on: April 03, 2016, 05:31:22 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place... Mod's please feel free to move

A few church friends are heading out to the Mojave Rd. this weekend with an assortment of vehicles. It's been on my bucket list since I heard about it. There will be a few jeeps, raptors, FJ's and Xterras.

TL;DR is I am a spacer lifted 2x4 on 33's. Will I have issues? I understand that there are some technical spots but can these be avoided? A few members in the group have winches. Safe to assume this could get me through a few of the technical spots?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:34:32 PM by SurferX »

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Question about the Mojave Rd.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 07:13:05 PM »
I'm not sure what "TL;DR" is but you should not have any issues. The entire road can be done in 2wd and is not technical. There are some spots where you need to pay attention but you really should not be worried. I would suggest airing down your tires, carry more water than you think you will need and have plenty of cold weather gear out there because the temps can change on you really quick. Have a basic tool kit and some basic recovery gear for the very unlikely event you get bogged but you will be fine.
Isaiah 6:8

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 08:06:59 PM »
^^^^^^
I think I'm the only one that does it in 4WD
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 10:04:29 AM »
TL;DR means

Too Long, Didn't Read

It's a summarization of a lengthy post; TL;DR

Anyway...

Really no probs as 2WD from what I remember...there is one hill which I like to use 4L, but other than that, the rest of it is just picking your spots, and knowing where to go, etc.

You should be fine.