Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Mod Day Sat. Feb 13 @ Duffman's  (Read 22886 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Mod Day Sat. Feb 13 @ Duffman's
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 11:02:42 AM »
Will do...I'll text you. 

As of right now, looking like a "nope."  Just too much other stuff going on, and it is VD weekend.  :-* :-*

Sorry Randy, your chocolates may have to wait.  ;)

Geo, you do know you can go to the Dr. and just get a shot for that stuff right?
Isaiah 6:8

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 11:06:55 AM »
Oh yeah, speeking of brake fluid, Celt, bring yours so we can take care of the Jeep.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 11:14:43 AM »
Oh yeah, speeking of brake fluid, Celt, bring yours so we can take care of the Jeep.

Will do, the monkey has been reminding me of this since he caught wind of the mod day. He has several different motivations, one he wants to do this work which I think is great and two on Friday he should have his full license and can drive there by himself. Three, he has probably caught wind there will be food associated with wrench turning.
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »
Penicillin filled chocolates and it's all good fellas.

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 05:48:35 PM »
I'll be bringing some buffalo wings. :)

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 09:19:15 PM »
We will try to "pop" in.  Either early or later.  Gotta be at another gig b/n 11:30 and 1:30 (adulting is hard, yo).  But def want to see Randy's new Roof Gas  setup....  O0

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 10:16:29 PM »
We will try to "pop" in.  Either early or later.  Gotta be at another gig b/n 11:30 and 1:30 (adulting is hard, yo).  But def want to see Randy's new Roof Gas  setup....  O0

Isn't that what happens in your RTT when it's carne asada night on the Mojave Road?

O0 O0
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 03:21:15 AM »
Isn't that what happens in your RTT when it's carne asada night on the Mojave Road?

O0 O0

At least it's just gas.......... >:D

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 07:46:04 AM »

O0 O0

They also had bean salad. I had to move my tent away from them in the middle of the night.

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »
I can't stop watching the Hippo... And he never stops...Must     Hit      Escape      Button   Arrrrrrrrgh
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

FrankB

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »

Regarding the hippo - for those who have not experienced this firsthand (and I don't mean in a video):

I have some friends who are keepers at the San Diego Zoo.  One time my wife and I were invited to a "behind the scenes" tour of the hippo area.  They have a separate pool that is not part of the public viewing area, where they can keep a hippo that for one reason or another is not on public view.  This area is surrounded by 20' high concrete walls (think about limiting air circulation and thus concentrating odors), and you are separated from the hippo by a gate made of thick steel bars.  You are standing on a sloped concrete ramp that is wet, with metal grating on the ground to sort-of increase your traction.  We were warned ahead of time that if the hippo should come out of the water, make his way towards the gate, then turn his back towards us and start rotating his tail in a fan-like manner, that we should "run for our lives".

Hippos eat a high-fiber diet, and nothing is firm in their world.  The fan-like action of the tail serves to aerate things.  I can't begin to describe how bad the smell was, especially since a bit of it landed on the back of my jacket, but it took a while for someone to notice where it was.  Also, I guess I didn't turn around quite fast enough, as a small particle landed on the inside of the lens hood of my camera.

I can tell you from first-hand experience that it gives a whole new meaning to the term "when the shit hits the fan".

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
I don't think I'm going to make it over on Saturday after all. Was really hoping to pop in for a little bit and even planned to bring the family along. But as we're getting closer and closer to escrow close date, the problems with the transaction are mounting and stuff needs to get done. First it was that I had to replace the door from my garage into my house because the stupid cat door my wife made me install is a breach of the firewall, and therefore the FHA appraiser wouldn't approve the buyers' loan to fund. Now, we're dealing with a shady termite company that wants to charge us an arm and leg to fumigate the entire house because they found evidence of termite damage in a 4" square area on an exterior trim board. I swear that whole termite inspection industry is a scam... they just look for whatever they can to prove that you "might" have a major infestation, and then they say that their recommended treatment is to tent and fumigate the entire house because they "don't know how bad the problem could be." Trouble is, once that gets spelled out in a legally binding report that gets recorded to the buyers as part of the escrow process, the buyer wants nothing less than the best and expects you to sleep in a hotel for 3 nights and sell off a kidney so that your house can be filled with poison. Man, I thought it was hard to buy a house but it's amazingly harder (and super expensive) to sell one... these rip off companies exploit the legalities behind home transactions because they all want their slice of the pie that is your equity. Sorry, rant over.

occupantX

• 4wd Pts: 65535
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 09:31:40 PM »
Ordered some rear hatch struts...but they won't be here in time.
So this mean's I'll bring my blue gloves and see if there's something to do :)
The non-club non-member formerly known as sdcaKLR, 'cause you know..bananas

RBduffer

• BOD
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:24 PM »
It'll be good to see ya Hennie.

Joe your story sounds alot like Frank's ;)
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 07:25:14 AM »

Ordered some rear hatch struts...but they won't be here in time.
So this mean's I'll bring my blue gloves and see if there's something to do :)

Proof.

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.